Thursday, July 28, 2011

EARLY RISER

After a LOOOONG day of work yesterday, I was determined to wake up early and get to the gym before work!  And wouldn’t you know…I actually did.  Today I rocked a bit of cardio…

imagesI’ve decided to limit my cardio to 3 times a week at a maximum of 45 minutes.  I’ve read from multiple sources that 45 minutes is adequate for a good cardio sesh so that’s all that treadmill/elliptical machine is getting from me.  I HATE cardio.  I just get bored so easily.

I much rather prefer weight training.  It keeps my tush from being mush Smile

For LUNCH, I used my last salmon burger to make a beast of a salad.  It fuels my body, and keeps me full.  The beets did NOT work in this salad combo.  I had to pick around them, and normally I LOVE beets.

IMG_4611SPINACH + TRADER JOE’S SALMON BURGER + TOMATOES + BEETS + ANNIE’S LITE HONEY MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE

DINNER tonight was a complete original.  I had some bok choy that was itching to be made into a big vat of Miso Soup A’la Beth.  This was entirely an original recipe and I just winged it.  Wouldn’t you know, it worked out PERFECTLY!!  Good thing too, because I have enough to feed an army.

IMG_4636MISO PASTE + 10 CUPS WATER + 2 BABY BOK CHOY + 1 BLOCK LITE FIRM TOFU + 1/4 CUP GREEN ONIONS + 1 CAN STRAW MUSHROOMS + 1 TBSP SESAME OIL + PEPPER

I paired my soup with a Henry’s spring roll.

IMG_4623SHRIMP SPRING ROLL

Have you seen this new gum?!?

I discovered it in Target and I’m completely in LOVE.  It tastes just like APPLE PIE without the calories.  My friend Mike even said that he could taste the whipped cream!

IMG_4617

Boyfriend worked late tonight, so I am home all by my lonesome.  No matter.  I actually cherish my Beth time. 

I enjoyed this:

IMG_4634IMG_4620

 

 

 

 

Bought this wine ONLY because it is called, “Gato Negro” (Spanish for “Black Cat)!!!

It’s in my favorite new glass.  I got it at a cooking class with Sam the Cooking Guy.  He has a cooking show that runs in San Diego and he is VERY entertaining.  He makes easy recipes that anyone could cook at home themselves.  His Grilled Mashed Potatoe & Bacon Pizza is to DIE for!!

Well, it’s bed time.  I think I’m going to try to get in a little Yoga before work.  I usually save my workouts for the end of the day, but getting my sweat on early in the morning helps me feel really accomplished.  Another bonus is that I don’t have to dread going to the gym the rest of the day.

XOXOBeth-signature

No comments:

Post a Comment