Wednesday, July 27, 2011

WHAT I’VE BEEN UP TO

I’ve been SOOO antsy lately!!!  Boyfriend and I are going to Mexico next month and I’m super excited.  I asked him the other day if it was too soon to start packing (we are leaving on August 10th), and he said “yes”!  (sad face)

I started a vegetable garden in my back yard.  I’m trying to overcome my ability to kill any and everything.  I planted some tomatoes, peppers, squash, and eggplant.  I only planted one of each so I’m under no illusion that I will be growing all my own produce, but I will be happy to make a little side veggie out of anything that might grow.

IMG_4565TOMATOES + PEPPERS + SQUASH + STRAWBERRIES

I made Boyfriend an AMAZING breakfast the other day.  I’m such a good Girlfriend!

IMG_4583SWEET POTATO HASH + SCRAMBLED EGGS WITH TOMATOES & GREEN CHILIES + BACON + BLUEBERRY PANCAKES

For BREAKFAST this morning I decided to do a little salt water flush to clean out the “pipes.”  Have you ever tried this before?  I’ve done it a few times with great results.  You basically dissolve 2TBSP of sea salt with 1 liter of water and gulp it down as fast a possible.  Anywhere from 15 min. to 2 hours later…WATCH OUT!!!  You’ll be experiencing the flow of water and “other stuff” come out of a hole you are not used to seeing water coming out of.  (Sorry for the graphic nature…this was the most delicate way I could describe this event).

It’s not that easy to drink a liter of salt water.  It definitely triggers my gag reflex and the first time I did the flush, I upchucked a few times.  But it’s very gratifying to see all the excess bile that I know has just been camping in my bowls for who knows how long.  When I get back from Mexico, I’m having a little colon hydrotherapy session for a deep cleanse.  I’m so excited about it…Boyfriend thinks I’m crazy.

After my flush I made a cup of GREEN SENCHA TEA to get the icky taste of salt water out of my mouth.  Not only is the Keurig good for brewing delicious coffee, but I also use to it brew instant hot water for tea.  All you do is run a cycle minus to coffee pod and VIOLA! 

IMG_4586

I’ve been OBSESSED lately with at-home manicures.  Why pay $25 for a manicure when I can buy some high quality polish for $8?!?!  I even bought some cheap decals to dress up my digits.

IMG_4592

IMG_4595I hit the gym today for some ab and leg work.  I definitely felt the burn!!!  Afterwards, I rewarded all my hard work with a little protein blast.  I’ve never met a protein shake I didn’t like!!

 

 

 

 

125 GRAMS FRESH BLUEBERRIES + 1 SCOOP PROTEIN POWDER + GUAR GUM + XANTHAM GUM + HANDFUL OF SPINACH + HANDFUL OF ICE

 

After a full day of “flushing” I finally ate some solid food for DINNER.  I’ve really been on a salmon kick lately.  When salmon is made right, I really like it!!!  But prepared wrong, it’s a fishy tasting and smelling disaster. 

I’ve been cheating lately and buying pre-made salmon burgers from Trader Joe’s so I can’t go wrong.  While their salmon patties are passable, Fresh & Easy has AMAZING salmon burgers which I LOVE, but last time I went their to stock up, they didn’t have any on the shelves.  I hope they aren’t discontinued or else I will be lost!

Sad smile

IMG_4598TRADER JOE’S SALMON PATTY + CAULIFLOWER

All and all, this was a successful first day back to being a “food Nazi”.  I MIGHT have cheated just a wee-bit by sneaking a glass of port and a cinnamon twist (or 2), but considering the fact that I didn’t really get a chance to eat that much today due to my “flush,” I’m calling today a SUCCESS!!

Until tomorrow…

XOXOBeth-signature

No comments:

Post a Comment