Friday, April 30, 2010

Berries and Injuries

BREAKFAST:

Blackberries are 2 for $4 at Ralph's so I thought I'd have a berry breakfast today!!!  I told myself no more fresh produce until I finished what I had, but I just couldn't say no!!!  I weight all my food on a scale to get accurate serving sizes.  Measuring cups lie!  I got this scale at Bed, Bath, & Beyond for $15 (utilizing their amazing $5 off coupons).  It was quite a shock the first time I actually weighed a serving size of chicken...so tiny :( However, this is the best way to get an accurate measurement of what you are eating.

This coupled with a cup of coffee, some Splenda with Fiber, and Fat Free Reddi Whip was a great start to my day!


LUNCH:

Running around again trying to get my life in order so I was PLANNING on having a spinach tofu salad for lunch however life got in the way of my plans once again so I opted for a quick yummy squid salad from Whole Foods. I could live off of this stuff!!!  The chewy texture is fun to eat:) 



SNACKS:
Stopped by Starbucks to get some work done on my laptop.  I usually don't go here because I have an amazing coffee maker at home and my own fat-free, sugar free goodies to add to my coffee which saves me both the calories and dough.  However, I needed an Internet connection so Starbucks prevailed.  I decided to get something that I can't get at home so I got a Venti Iced Passion Tea with two Equal.  No calories and very refreshing!  It's got a berry type flavor and I love the color!!  This drink hit the spot!
I also tried thinkThin 100 Calorie Chocolate Raspberry bites for a little mid day snack.  I was excited to try this because chocolate and raspberry are my two favorites.  So the verdict: they are okay.  Not great, not terrible, just okay.  Pretty small, but I wasn't expecting too much for 100 calories.  I liked the fiber and protein stats however, but this was definitely not a snack that made me feel satisfied.  I was hungry about 30 minutes after I ate it.


DINNER:

Dinner was totally unplanned yet again!!!  I swear my dinners are usually more structured:)  I had dinner with my friend Matt at an amazing sushi restaurant in San Diego, Ebisu Sushi Bar.  It was REALLY good but REALLY pricey!!  I tried to be good and stick to the sashimi however I was a bit bad and had a lot more sake then I planned on having.  Oh well...it was fun!!! I brought my camera to take some pictures but the sake distracted me from my task.

EXERCISE:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STRETCH BEFORE YOU EXERCISE.  I always do...except for today, and in the middle of mile one of my little 5k  my hip started to hurt.  Instead of doing the smart thing and stopping I did the rest of the 5k at various speeds.  NOT A GOOD IDEA EITHER.  My hip is still killing me and this might put me out of commission as far as cardio goes for the rest of the week :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment