Tuesday, February 15, 2011

BEST VALENTINE'S DAY EVER!!!

Title of the post says it all!!!  What I really love about Boyfriend, is that he's always willing to try new things.  He never turns down an idea that I have, and we always have an amazing time doing whatever!!

Because we are pretty active people, I thought it would be nice to do a romantic hike to some local waterfalls.  There is this place in North San Diego county called "Three Sisters Falls" that every hiking website raves about.

It's a series of 3 waterfalls that is about a 2 mile hike from the nearest road.  And when I say "hike," I mean HIKE.  It's extremely downhill on the way there, so that means it's extremely uphill on the way back!  But TOTALLY worth it!!!!

I woke up on Valentine's Day morning to this...
MORNING STRAWBERRY VDAY COFFEE
(the treats are just there for the picture!)
And these...



Packed my pack with some Luna Bars and lots of H2O!
MINI THOUGHT I SHOULD BRING HER MOUSE WITH ME!

After an hour drive, we arrive to the start of the trail... 
SO NOT WHAT YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU THINK OF CALIFORNIA!


After about 1 mile we could see a bit of the falls
PICTURE TAKEN USING SUPER ZOOM
  
15 FT. VERTICAL WALL THAT WE CLIMBED UP USING
THE PICTURED TREE ROOTS





LITTLE GUY CHILL-LAXING!


THREE SISTERS WATERFALLS
We finally got to the falls after a 2 mile downward hike.  This hike is NOT for the inexperienced hiker.  The terrain consisted of loose dirt which made traction a bit difficult.  Then we had to cross the bottom of the falls and jump from rock to rock.  Boyfriend's feet fell into the water:(   
I thought the way down was hard!  The way back UP almost killed me!!!  It was hard, but I'm also a bit sick still so I think my lung capacity is greatly reduced!  Somehow I made it though!!

It was a beautiful hike/experience, one which I will never forget!

Unfortunately, because we were running around and trying to get the hike in before night fall, breakfast and lunch consisted of Luna and MoJo bars:(  I MEANT to wake up early and make Boyfriend heart-shaped blueberry pancakes but that didn't happen.

Luckily, I planned such an amazing dinner, that I didn't mind eating bars for breakfast and lunch.

I put yesterday's groceries to go use and prepared an amazing dinner for Boyfriend at the house.  It was perfect except that Mini cat wanted attention and kept jumping on our chairs and trying to get on the table!  It was perfect none-the-less. 


I put together a little menu that I placed at his place setting.







DINNER BY CANDLE LIGHT!

BOYFRIEND COOKED THE LOBSTER AND VEGGIES

VDAY FRO-YO!

We nixed the Strawberries and chocolate and instead went out to our favorite Fro-yo place.  I LOADED up!!

The night ended with a little much needed cuddling:)

No comments:

Post a Comment