Friday, April 30, 2010

Friday fun!

Fridays mark the beginning of my work week.  I work in a bar Friday through Monday until I find a REAL job, so while everyone else can't wait for Friday to come, I dread it.

BREAKFAST:

The usual yummy coffee with Splenda with Fiber, and Fat Free Reddi Whip.  My coffee was French Toast flavored, and SOOOO out of this world!!  It's so comforting in the morning to wake up and have a nice hot cup of coffee.  Especially because the usual nice weather here in San Diego has been kind of poopy:(

My morning routine consists of coffee combined with taking my vitamins and feeding Cat, the stray that we have kind of adopted.  This black cat started coming around our backyard a few months ago so we tried to domesticate her but she was miserable living in the house.  Instead, we adopted another black cat named Kitty.  Every morning Kitty goes to the back down and meows until I open the door where Cat is always on the other side waiting for breakfast.  It's the cutest thing ever!

So, for breakfast I had that Odwalla Strawberry Protein Monster I bought the other day.  Five stars!  Tasted just like Strawberry milk (which I love, but my lactose intolerant self does not).  I put it in my zoo pals to go cups with sippy lid.  Boyfriend always makes fun of me but I love eating some things with products made for little kids.  I think it's fun and puts a smile on my face.


Bought this adorable hat at Victoria's Secret to wear to work.  Whenever the Padres are playing at home (which they are both Friday and Saturday) I have to wear Padres clothes and I love wearing hats because I don't have to do my hair which also a bonus because it's WAY TOO LONG but I don't have the heart to cut it!
LUNCH:

For the first time in a long time I was actually home to make a spinach salad which has been on my food plan three times this week only to be nixed because I wasn't home to make it.  It was HUGE and very filling!!  I need to eat more salads because its fun coming up with different combinations of components to throw into them. 

I threw some Mori-Nu Silken Lite Firm Tofu into a frying pan with some olive oil spray, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper.  I cooked it until it was burnt and then threw in on top of a bed of spinach, red pepper, Veggie Pirate's Booty (shout out to my friend Jess for the idea), and some Cedar's Garlic Lover's Hommus (favorite hommus ever) mixed with some lemon juice to give it more of a watery, dressing texture.  It turned out better then I ever imagined!!  I meant to throw in a hard boiled egg white, but I couldn't wait to dig in it that I totally forgot!


tofu + red pepper + booty + hommus and lemon juice + spinach

SNACK:

On-the-go Blue Diamond Whole Natural Almonds 100 Calorie Pack.  I have a bunch of snacks in my car: 100 calorie packs, dried fruit, various granola bars.  This is great when you get the munchies as you drive by an In-N-Out Burger.  Keeps me from stopping somewhere to grab something unhealthy or something that I have no clue what is in it.




DINNER:

Totally forgot to take a picture of dinner tonight.  I was in the middle of cleaning the house and getting ready for work so dinner was an open face sandwich with: Oroweat 100% Whole Wheat Light Bread (40 calories a slice!), Alfalfa sprouts, 2 slices tomato, and Trader Joe's Santorini Style Egg White Salad.  This egg salad is incredible!!  A serving size is 1/2 the container and is only 70 calories!!!  Even if you gorge and eat the whole container, there is no guilt because that's only 140 calories.  Must buy more when I go through all the food I have jam packed in my fridge!  Poor Boyfriend couldn't go grocery shopping because my food is taking up the entire fridge.  Sorry honey!

SNACK:

I stopped by Borders before work to kill some time because I had to get downtown early to find a parking space because there is a Padres game tonight.  I got large ice tea and munched on Sea's Gift Sweet Seaweed Snack.  This is one of my favorite low calorie treats.  It's sweet, obviously, and has some toasted sesame seeds mixed in with the seaweed.  A must try!






EXERCISE:

My right hip is still hurting because I failed to stretch yesterday:(  Work out was limited to some ab and minimal leg work.  I hope it feels better tomorrow.  I've really been getting into running and I already miss it!

Well, off to work!  Should be busy tonight because of the Padres game.  GO PADRES!

No comments:

Post a Comment