Saturday, October 1, 2011

HAPPY OCTOBER

Hello October!!!

I LOVE the fall.  Not only for the ginormous amounts of pumpkin related foods that are everywhere for this time of year, but also because of Halloween and all of the black cat decorations that I can stock up on.

Engagement & Cancun 003

I have dedicated October as my month of fitness!!! I’ve been slacking sooo much since the engagement, but I don’t feel a bit guilty!! I’ve had so much fun and I think that it will only take one month of some serious butt kicking to whip my booty back in shape.

For BREAKFAST I rocked some coconut coffee in my new pumpkin mug.  I said that I was TOTALLY obsessed with pumpkins!!

IMG_5502COCONUT FLAVORED COFFEE + SO DELICIOUS HAZELNUT CREAMER + 2 TSP SPLENDA WITH FIBER

I stopped by Barnes and Noble to pick up my official “Bride Book” for all my wedding planning needs!  I’ve been looking for one for awhile and this one was the most complete.  It was important for me to not only find one that was functional, but a planner that would be a lovely keepsake later on.  I can’t wait to start filling it up with wedding deets!!  Bonus: It came with a pink bride bag!

IMG_5500

I also managed to make it to the gym today for a little walk on the treadmill and some ab work.  Hopefully I will be feeling it tomorrow.

IMG_20111001_162432

Even though I was just walking on the treadmill, I ALWAYS ad a little incline in.  It makes a difference!

After the gym, I was ravenous!!!  I steamed some fresh broccoli and put together a buffalo chicken sandwich which hit the spot.

IMG_5507100 GRAMS BROCCOLI – 1 TBSP BRUMMEL & BROWN BUTTER + MORNINGSTAR CHIK PATTY + LIGHT BLUE CHEESE YOGURT DRESSING + FRANK’S HOT SAUCE

I also sipped on some veggie and fruit juice that I juiced yesterday.  No matter what combo of veggies and fruits that I use, my juice always tastes amazing.  I haven’t found a bottled juice that can compare to fresh, homemade juice.

IMG_5512BEETS + CARROTS + GINGER + LEMONS + CLEMENTINES + GRANNY SMITH APPLES + SPINACH

Have you seen these vitamins yet??  I found them at Whole Paycheck and I can’t wait to try them.  Vitamins + PopRocks = Brilliant!!!  I can’t take a hard pill multi-vitamin like Centrum because they always make me nauseous.  I usually do gummy vitamins but these looked like so much fun.  I don’t think they will be replacing my regular vitamins however because they are $1 a pack.  Too rich for my blood.

IMG_5515

I’m trying to keep my carbs (bread, pasta) confined to lunch only so that my body has the rest of the day to run on these fuels, therefore my DINNERS are usually HUGE salads.  Tonight’s salad was a beast staring some yummy salmon.

IMG_5517

GORDON’S SALMON FILET + SPINACH + CHERRY TOMATOES + BABY SWEET PEPPERS + AVOCADO + TRADER JOE’S CRUMBLED GOAT CHEESE + ANNIE’S FF MANGO DRESSING

Dairy has never really sat well with me.  I don’t drink milk, and have totally switched to almond or coconut milk.  I actually love soy or almond based cheeses.  They make dairy free jacks, cheddar, and mozzarella.  I have yet to find a dairy-free creamy cheese like goat.  I know I should give it up, but I don’t think I can live without my goat cheese.  However, I think that if I eat it in really small quantities it won’t kill me.

I also bought the CUTEST jewelry box for my new engagement ring at Things Remembered!!!!  I’m going to keep it next to my sink so that I can put my ring in it for safe keeping when I wash the dishes.  Washing dishes and showering is the ONLY time I take off my ring. 

ThingsRemembered[5]

Today is actually our 2-month engagement anniversary. I didn’t even remember until Boyfriend wished me happy anniversary today. He’s a keeper!

Today turned out to be an amazing start to the month.  I kicked my To-Do list’s butt, treated my body with love by exercising and eating right, and spoiled myself with some nice little presents.

Til tomorrow…

XOXOBeth-signature

No comments:

Post a Comment