Tuesday, January 10, 2012

RETURN WITH A MAC

It's been awhile!!!  My HP laptop finally bit the dust a few months ago so I splurged and decided to replace it with a sweet new MacBrook Pro. 

 

Problem: I HATE the blog editing software for the Pro and it's taken me MONTHS to finally find a program that is semi acceptable.  Unfortunately, the program (MarsEdit) doesn't want me to upload photos right now.  So after all that fuss, and a return to blogger's positing software (sad face), I return to the world of blogging!!!

And with some new kitchen toys!!

I never imagined that there was a machine that could cook both rice AND bread!!!  That's crazy!!  I made a whole wheat cinnamon raisin bread last night and I expected a colossal failure!!  Except, what I was got was delicious!!!  It was a little bit firmer then a traditional loaf of bread, but I expected that from using all whole wheat.  This machine is going to be my new favorite toy.


Last night, I also decided to whip up a batch of Sarma's Raw Macaroons a la Lavender and Meyer's Lemon.  I like to dehydrate them for a least 36 hours to get them really crispy on the outside.  Another bonus about a long drying time is the amazing smell that permeates throughout the house!
(Dehydrator is old, I just had to share my sweet obsession!) 

Another new toy:



Boyfriend and I decided that we really didn't need any Christmas gifts this year, so instead, we went 50/50 on a swanky juicer.  While, I really don't think this beauty actually extracts more juice then our $40  machine, the fruit/veggie chute is double the size so I don't have to cut up the fruit as much.  That was a huge downside of the other machine.  Clean up still is a bit of a b$%h but it must be done!

Well, that's about it for today.  I didn't have my usual food intake/exercise run down today because I decided to try a post at the end of the day therefore no pictures were taken.

Should be back on my regular schedule tomorrow so long as this computer doesn't irritate me so much that I throw it out the window. 

XOXO