Sunday, June 20, 2010

FRUIT OVERLOAD

I went to Henry's yesterday and bought a cantaloupe, raspberries, and a watermelon because they were massively cheep!  It always amazes me how stores charge like $7 for cup-up fruit!!!  The fruit was on sale and all together it cost me $5!!!

Now the problem is that my fridge is PACKED with watermelon and cantaloupe.  I will probably be eating it for every meal for the next week and I'll probably still have tons left!! 

BREAKFAST
Fresh cantaloupe from Henry's!


LUNCH
Life gave me eggs...so I made egg salad!  (Corny, I know!)  Boyfriend bought bunches of eggs and didn't want to eat them so I was more then happy to adopt them.  Boiled them, popped out the egg yolks (gave 'em to the gliders), and threw it on a bagel.  YUM!

NATURE'S OWN THIN SLICE 100% WHOLE WHEAT BAGEL + 3 HARD BOILED EGG WHITES + 1 TBSP KRAFT DIJONNAISE + 4 SLICES SANDWICH THIN PICKLES

GYM/SNACK
I've been riding my bike to the gym lately but I had to give it a rest today because my a$$ is sore...lol!!  I guess I needed to get a more padded seat.  Instead I decided to walk and it was actually very pleasant.  It's only a mile away and it was beautiful out.  Walking also manages to add a few more steps onto my pedometer so I can't complain with that!

I tried experimenting with a new shake recipe.  I've had a box of TAZO Matcha Green Tea Latte concentrate sitting in my pantry for a few months now and I realized today that it was going to go bad next month so I'll have to find some interesting ways to incorporate in into my meals over the next few weeks.
1 CUP ALMOND BREEZE UNSWEETENED ALMOND MILK + 1/2 BANANA + 1 TBSP SPLENDA + 1/2 TSP VANILLA EXTRACT + 1/2 PACKET MRM 100% NATURAL WHEY RICH VANILLA + 120 ML TAZO MATCHA GREEN TEA LATTE

This was very good and a definite repeater!!!

DINNER
Amazing!!  Beast of a salad.  I was really craving portobello mushrooms today.  I threw one in the oven with some raspberry vinegar, garlic, and some dijon mustard.  This was so good and filling!

100 GRAMS PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM + MIXED BABY GREENS + 1 OZ TRADER JOE'S GOAT'S MILK CREAMY CHEESE + 1/2 TOMATO + TRADER JOE'S FIRE ROASTED RED PEPPER + 2 TBSP TRADER JOE'S FAT FREE BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE


MORE baking goodness!!!!  Mini cupcakes!

These are brownies for Boyfriend.  There were a lot more, but he likes to consume brownies by the 1/2 dozen at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment