Friday, June 25, 2010

SARA LEE BAKES

BREAKFAST
Started off the day with a cup of Green Tea today instead of the usual coffee.  I really have been drinking WAY too much coffee (6 cups a day?).

I had a buffet of fruit again!!! 


WATERMELON + CANTALOUPE + RASPBERRIES + BLACKBERRIES

Also tried a piece of the Ryvita flatbread I bought yesterday.  It was dry as flatbreads are but the texture was fun.  I didn't think it really had a pumpkin taste to it though but I guess it shouldn't because there are only a few seeds on it. 
Ryvita Pumpkin Seeds and Oats Crispbread


From Ryvita's website:

"What's in the Ryvita name? "Ry" is short for rye, the main ingredient of our skillfully oven baked, deliciously tasty crispbread. "Vita" is Italian for life. Ryvita crispbread is a good source of fiber and gets it distinctive flavor from whole grain rye making a great alternative to wheat crackers.

What is a low glycemic index (Gi) food? Low Gi foods are digested slowly providing a gradual release of sugar in the bloodstream. This sustains energy levels.

Ryvita Pumpkin Seeds and Oats crispbread topped with whole pumpkin seeds and oats to make a delicious subtly sweet & nutty tasting crispbread"

LUNCH
Typical day filled of shopping and lunch on the go.  Had some freeze dried fruit chips from the great Mrs. May's.  I love these things!  So tasty and with all the benefits of eating an apple without worrying about it going bad.

After the mall I had a baking/cooking extravaganza!

DINNER
Homemade falafel which was really simple.  Threw a can of Garbanzo beans in The Bullet with some spices and garlic.  It was good.  Not as good as the VeggiePatch Falafel Chickpea Balls that I tried last week, but the balls I made were fat-free and only 110 calories a serving.
I used the falafel to make a small dinner salad.  Unfortunately my pantry is starting to empty out so salad was lacking it's usual mound of veggies and fun additions :( I will have to make this again with Greek olives, roasted red peppers, and some artichoke hearts.
2 CUPS SPINACH + WESTERN BAGEL PLAIN ALTERNATIVE PITA + 2 TBSP CEDAR'S GARLIC LOVERS HUMMUS + 2 TBSP HOT PEPPER RINGS + 2 FALAFEL BALLS + 2 TBSP TRADER JOE'S TZATZIKI

I made some Oatmeal Protein Cookies for Boyfriend and some Peanut Butter brownies for a friend's birthday.  The Oatmeal Cookies could have been a tad sweeter and needed a little something else: raisins, chocolate drizzle, chocolate chips, etc. 
                                      
The Peanut Butter brownies were low fat!!!!  I put a peanut butter drizzle on top of regular brownies and they sunk a bit.  Boyfriend said they were still good but I don't think they were pretty and half of food is about presentation:(

I wasn't feeling well (tummy was a bit achy) so Boyfriend gave me a shot...of Apple Cider Vinegar.  A few years back I got the worst food poisoning.  Boyfriend did a Google search for a natural remedy and Apple Cider Vinegar came up.  I thought I'd give it a shot and amazingly enough it worked!!!!  So now whenever I have a slight pain in my stomach out comes the Apple Cider Vinegar.

No comments:

Post a Comment