Tuesday, May 11, 2010

So much to do, So much time!!!

I found a new grocery store that I have a crush on.  It's called Fresh & Easy Neighborhood Market.  They have stores in California, Nevada, and Arizona. The store is small and their inventory isn't huge, but what that do have is fresh, healthy food which is all I need!  They even have some amazing prepared salads and Ahi dishes that I was drooling over.  I refrained from purchasing though because I still have SOOOO much food in the fridge that I have vowed to finish first before I added to my "food collection".  I did however allow myself one purchase.

It's Lemon Hummus Vinaigrette dressing and the stats are pretty sweet (35 calories per 2 TBSP serving size).  I tasted a bit and while I'm not thrilled yet (I think hummus and water tastes better as a dressing), I won't reach my final verdict until I actually use it on a salad.





BREAKFAST

Woke up this morning and fed Cat with Kitty as usual (refer to previous posts for explanation).  I'm trying to finish some Nature's Path Pumpkin FlaxPlus Granola that I got at Whole Foods so I mixed that with some Almond Milk (sorry so boring), and the usual cup of coffee to start the day.  The coffee was Raspberry Chocolate, which in theory sounds perfect for me, but in reality it has a very strong bite.

I'm not much of a granola person because it's high in calories and not really satisfying to me.  I know that it's "good" for you, but I'd rather eat something else that's equally as good with half the calories.   HOWEVER, I LOVE pumpkin and I actually LOVE this granola!  I trim down the serving size to 1/2 cup which allows me to fill my stomach a bit without feeling bad for eating a 300 calorie breakfast.



LUNCH

 Trader Joe's Acorn Squash and Mango Soup + Cinnamon

 A wanted to change up things a bit today and I decided to make a modified BLT sandwich.
Oroweat Light 100% Whole Wheat Bread + 1 tsp Light Mayo + 3 slices tomato + Alfalfa Sprouts + 1 TSP Bacon Bits



DINNER

Decided on a salad with the Lemon Hummus dressing I bought this morning.  Verdict: It was okay but I definitely like the plain hummus dressing more.  It is nice for a change of pace though.
Spinach + Tofu + Veggie Booty + Lemon Hummus Dressing Vinaigrette

SNACK

M&M pretzels!!!  While I'm not going to claim that they are a good, healthy snack....they are YUMMY and the bag is so small that the calorie count (150) won't ruin your diet for the day if you plan appropriately for this treat.
I'm trying not to drink 4 cups of coffee a day and have been meaning to buy some Green Tea substitute.  Found this (on sale) at Whole Foods and I thought I might give it a try.  I liked it though my throat has been kind of sore tonight so I think some of my tastes are off right now.  Will have to wait until I'm 100% to really make an accurate assessment.








GYM
I was still feeling good from the run yesterday but I decided to hold back today and give my body a chance to rest a bit more.  I did some weight training and a very short 15 min. jog.  I feel good though and that's all that matters.  5k tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment