Thursday, May 13, 2010

Pumpkin Power

Went to the movies last night to see Iron Man 2 with Boyfriend.  No he did not force me to see it...I actually wanted to.  I thought it was good.  I know this is going to sound very "chick like" but I can't stand when some action movies are 99% fighting, 1% story line.  It drives me crazy!!  This movie had a nice mix and I'd say it was 25% fighting, 75% story line which worked for me! 

I wanted to get some Starbucks before hand.  I was really jonesing for a Vanilla Skinny Latte but the Starbucks employees were messing around in the back and didn't know we were waiting so I decided to nix the Latte.  They did me a favor because I really didn't need the caffeine at 10:30pm.

When we went into the movie theater the smell of popcorn smacked me in the face.  It was so enticing.  Had I not had 2 boxes of popcorn a week prior at the All-You-Can-Eat Padres game, I might have been more tempted.  The movie theater is now listing the calorie contents of the all foods at the concession stand and I about almost fell over!!!!  960 calories in a Cinnamon Pretzel!!!!!  ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!  I wonder what the fat content is on that sucker.  That grossed me out and killed any urge I had to eat anything....except for a few Jelly Bellys (Buttered Popcorn flavor!!) that Boyfriend brought.

BREAKFAST:
Very hungry when I woke up so I decided to have a hearty breakfast this morning.  Egg beaters, a few avo slices, my favorite salsa, toast, and Canadian bacon!  While it was good, I was actually disappointed that I didn't go for some oatmeal with fruit when I was done.  How funny considering the fact that 2 months ago, I said that eating oatmeal was like eating paper mache!

1/2 cup Egg Beaters + Oroweat 100% Whole Wheat Light Bread + 20 gram Avocado + 2 TBSP El Pinto Medium Chipotle Salsa + 1 slice Farmland Honey Ham + 1 TBSP Ralph's Sugar Free Maple Syrup

Best salsa ever!  One of the only salsas out there that does not contain onions.  I HATE onions.  They are my least favorite food ever.  I once sat down with a bowl or chili and spent 30 minutes picking out all the onions before I would eat it.  It's not the taste (I like onion powder), but the texture.  That crunch in your mouth when you bite down on an onion grosses me out!!!  I'm not alone...I've heard this same complaint from other onion haters!





LUNCH:
I decided to take my fat ride (aka Beach Cruiser) to the gym to day because it's was such a beautiful day here in sunny San Diego.  On the way I stopped at Trader Joe's, Ralph's, and Whole Foods just to check out the merch and bought a few yummies at Whole Foods.


I have never tried these Gnu bars before but their flavors and fiber stats were right up my alley so I thought I'd give them a whirl.

I was feeling a bit hungry because I took WAY longer on my grocery shopping tour so I noshed on a Kashi Go Lean bar, Chocolate Peanut to be exact.  4 stars!!
After my gym fun I made an AMAZING protein shake.  I really think that I could live on protein shakes alone.

1/2 cup Farmer's Market Canned Organic Pumpkin + 1 cup Almond Breeze Almond Milk + 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice + 1/4 tsp vanilla extract + 2 packets Splenda with Fiber + 1/2 scoop Designed Whey Chocolate Protein Powder

DINNER:
I had some of the chicken left that I had cooked with Frank's Red Hot in the slow cooker.  I paired it with a huge salad with sweet fruit, veggie, and dressing.  I also tried that Kale recipe and it was wonderful!!!  Like chips...but not at all:)









The salad turned out amazing!!! 

Mixed Greens + Butternut Squash baked with pumpkin pie spice + Strawberries + 4 TBSP Anne's Fat Free Mango Vinaigrette











GYM:
Still taking it slow but committing to 5k runs for the next week or two.  I will try bumping it up to 5 miles after I'm free of all hip pains.  Did I little light lifting as well but my heart was broking when I discovered the assisted pull up machine was broken!  Hopefully they will fix it by tomorrow.  It's one of my favorites!





"Run mad as often as you choose, but do not faint!"

— Jane Austen

No comments:

Post a Comment