Thursday, April 28, 2011

LIVIN' LIFE

I'm amazed that I've survived these past 2 weeks!  I have had SOOO much on my plate, that the blog and healthy eating just did not fit in:(

I've had a BLAST, but will be paying for it for the next two weeks at the gym.  Totally worth it!  The only thing I regret is not taking more pictures of the fun I had for my own memories.

April 22nd was not only Earth Day, but also Boyfriend's Birthday!!  We are going on a special trip this year so we decided to nix the elaborate birthday celebrations that we usually undertake.  Instead, I decorated (which I always do), baked him some treats, and gave him little "tokens" of my love. 
PIRATE PARTY!

CUTEST WRAPPING PAPER

 HOMEMADE APPLE TART

I also went to a Padres/Phillies game with my gym bud Mark.  I'm from Philly so I guess I should be a Phillies fan, but I can help but route for my Padres of my most favorite city in the world!  Before the game, we went to Altitude Sky Lounge, a bar on top of the Marriott Hotel that overlooks the ball park. 
AMAZING VIEW!
VIEW OF THE BALL PARK FROM THE HOTEL ROOFTOP

MARK ON THE ROOF!
ME ON THE ROOF!
VIEW FROM OUR SEATS! AMAZING SEATS!

I did TONS of baking while on "break".  Here are a few of the things I made...
CARROT CAKE RAW BALLS
CHOCOLATE & BLONDIE MACAROONS
FLAT OUT PIZZA

STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST (they had NO taste...quite awful!)
ROMANTIC DINNER SET UP TO EAT THE TASTELESS CHICKEN ABOVE

So I'm back, trying to keep healthy and bounce back into my routine.  With that, BREAKFAST was a GREEN SMOOTHIE!!!
STRAWBERRIES + BANANA + ALMOND MILK + FLAX SEEDS + SPLENDA WITH FIBER

I had a wonderfully HUGE crab salad for DINNER.
SPINACH + CRAB + CHERRY TOMATOES + 2 EGG WHITES + ANNIE'S NATURALS LITE GINGERLY DRESSING

I felt that I deserved a bit of a treat so I paired my yummy salad with...
PEACH BELLINI (fresh peaches, peach schnapps, champagne)
Well, now that I'm back to my regular schedule, my postings won't have to be a photographic purge of weeks worth of events.  I had so much fun these past few weeks, but I miss my routine.

XOXO
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment