Thursday, April 7, 2011

OYSTER HEAVEN


I have NO CLUE how much DEHYDRATED PINEAPPLE I have consumed this morning!!!  It's so tasty.  I keep eating, and eating, and eating it!

I went to Rubio's, a delish taco place out here in So Co, the other day and got the Portobello & Poblano Tacos (corn tortillas topped with toasted cheese, habanero citrus salsa, grilled Portobello mushrooms and Poblano peppers, cilantro/onion, cotija cheese, creamy chipotle picante sauce and sliced avocado)  poblano and potabello mushroom tacos.  They were yummy, but way high in calories (522 calories, 48 grams of fat).



I thought I'd try a variation of my own.  I made PORTABELLO & POBLANO QUESADILLAS.  I spread a Weight Watchers Jalapeno cheese wedge on a La Tortilla Factory Whole Wheat wrap.  I then stuffed the tortilla with a fire roasted chili ("fire roasted" on the outdoor grill), a portabello mushroom, and a bit of TJ's Mexican blend reduced-fat cheese. 
I'm not going to fib.  It wasn't as good as Rubio's tacos because of the lack of gallons of creamy cheese, but definitely good enough to make the calorie save worth it.


I met up with my friend, Connor, for $1 oysters at the Pacific Beach Fish Shop.  They were amazing!!!  I could eat oysters every day if they weren't such a pain to shuck!

I started out with a CORONADO ORANGE AVE WIT WHEAT BEER, and an OYSTER SHOOTER (oyster with cocktail sauce, horseradish, and garnished with a poached shrimp).

I ordered ten various type of oysters from British Columbia, Canada; Carlsbad, CA; and Washington State.

I love to drown them in horseradish, cocktail sauce, and lemon.  I have always swallowed the oysters, but Connor suggested that I chew them.  I really liked them better when I chewed them!  You definitely get more of the flavor.

These were incredible!  I'm going to drag Boyfriend back next week.  I have a new food day dedication:
OYSTER THURSDAYS!!


To do list is AGAIN packed for tomorrow.  I have to find some time to squeeze in a bit of cardio action AND start the Spring Cleaning!!!

Nite Nite!

XOXO
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment