Tuesday, April 5, 2011

OPENING DAY

SAN DIEGO PADRES OPENING DAY!!!

For BREAKFAST this morning, I thought I'd give some props to San Diego/Mexican cuisine.

HUEVOS RANCHEROS
  • 1 CORN TORTILLA
  • EGG
  • 1/4 CUP TJ'S LITE MEXICAN BLEND CHEESE
  • 1/4 CUP BLACK BEANS
  • 1/4 CUP CHUNKY SALSA
Wrap the tortilla a paper towel, and heat for 30 seconds in the microwave.  Mix together beans and salsa and heat for 1 minute in the microwave.  Poach one egg.  Assemble: Tortilla on the bottom, spoon beans and salsa mixture on top of the tortilla, place egg on top of beans, and sprinkle with cheese. 

Boyfriend and I went down to the East Village near the stadium where there was a block party to celebrate opening day.  The stadium is right in downtown San Diego.
ROCKIN THE PADRES GEAR

There were food trucks set up outside the stadium.  I got into the spirit and ordered a "Slaw Dog".  It was all bun and not really tasty:(  I also thought the Diet Pepsi tasted a bit weird.  I looked at the bottom of the can and it had expired in August!  Not a good 1st Food Truck experience!

We didn't have tickets to the game so we thought we'd stroll around downtown a bit.  We ended up walking down to the harbor and stopped by a restaurant on the water for some drinks.

ICE TEA FOR BOYFRIEND + CHAMPAGNE FOR ME

It was a beautiful day and I'm glad I got to sneak a little Boyfriend time in.

XOXO
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment