Sunday, April 3, 2011

WHISKEY & FARMERS MARKETS

UGH!!! I got talked into drinking Jameson last night, and I feel TOXIC this morning.  My friends have an unnatural obsession with whiskey that I just don't share in.

To cure my ailing body this morning, I recreated one of my favorite Vita creations: ORANGE JUILIUS!  I remembered to add the spinach this time.  Check out that lovely green MONSTER!! 
LARGE ORANGE + 1/2 FROZEN BANANA + 1 CUP ALMOND MILK + 1/2 TSP VANILLA EXTRACT + 2 TSP SPLENDA WITH FIBER

I used this boost to power me through yet another Farmer's Market.  This time it was the Hillcrest Farmer's Market...my fav!  The weather was kind of dreary, but not too cold.  I was shocked at how packed it was!!
FRESH FLOWERS

LUSTING AFTER THESE "FLOATING" VASES

GOING TO TRY TO REPLICATE THIS "SALSA" AT HOME!

YUMMY SQUASH BLOSSOMS

CAN'T BUY CARROTS LIKE THIS AT THE GROCERY STORE

MOST FAVORITE TOMATOES

I was so overwhelmed by everything!  I did a lot of window shopping, but ultimately only bought a few necessities!
DATES!!

I've heard about this sauce around the city.  It's made locally and I knew they had a booth at the Farmer's Market.  I tried some with a carrot and LOVED it!!!  LOVE the name too:)  They make a Pesto flavored sauce as well.  I will definately have to try that next time.

After the Farmer's Market, I went on a hunt for a pair of shoes that I have been lusting after.  No luck :(  I did however stop at Borders for some Iced Coffee and the newest selection of health magazines.  They all start to say the same thing after awhile.  I enjoy them most, when I haven't read them for awhile.  And reading them at Borders allows me to save some $.

For DINNER, I cheated and just reheated some of my Vitamix Avocado Tortilla Soup.

And for a little SNACKAGE later...
2 TBSP WILD GARDEN HUMMUS DIP + FLAT OUT WRAP

I'm not much of a fan of THIS type of hummus, and I LOVE hummus.  I'm sure I'll still finish it though :)

Well, that's it for today.  I think I have a long day of cleaning ahead of me tomorrow.  I LOVE cleaning but I feel like I'm ALWAYS doing it.  With two black cats, two sugar gliders, and one Boyfriend there's always something to clean!!

XOXO
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment