Thursday, February 3, 2011

BAKING GODDESS

I haven't done a lot of work in the kitchen lately due to being sick as a dog:)  As soon as I started feeling slightly better I grabbed my mixer and created these yummy beauties.

This...


BECAME THIS...
COOKIE BROWNIES!!

So simple and so gluttonous!  I made brownie batter and poured it into a pan.  I then made cookies and placed tablespoons of dough into the brownie batter.  Cooked it at 350 for 35 min and YUM!

This is obviously for Boyfriend so I had to make something for me.

THIS...

BECAME THIS...
CARROT CAKE WITH FAT FREE CREAM CHEESE ICING

This was really easy to make.  I just used the old pumpkin instead of oil trick.  It also helps to throw in two egg whites so the cake is cakey and not fudge like.  If you've tried this before you know what I mean. 

The icing was an interesting experiment.  I mixed some 0% Fage with Fat free cream cheese and tried adding Splenda to taste.  The problem is, is that I still have warped taste buds right now from being sick.  I tried using Boyfriend as a gauge but he doesn't eat artificial sugars so he was of no help.  I think it turned out okay but I guess I'll have to wait until I get better to see if it really tastes as good as it looks.

BREAKFAST:
Nice big bulky cereal!  So glad that my blueberries are back in season.  I love California for all of it's amazing bounties of berries!
16 GRAMS KASHI HEART TO HEART + 1 CUP PUFFED MILLET + 60 GRAMS BLUEBERRIES + 1 TSP SPLENDA WITH FIBER + 1/2 TSP CINNAMON

LUNCH:
Big lunch today with a little of everything!
MISO SOUP + BLUEBERRIES + BETTER START ENGLISH MUFFIN + 2 TBSP TRADER JOE'S WHITE BEAN HUMMUS + 50 GRAMS HONEY ROASTED TURKEY + 2 PICKLE SLICES

Tried this miso soup which is new to me!  It was really good.  The paste and the dried veggies come in two different packets and it makes the soup feel much more bulky.  I really liked it!

Have you ever tried this??  It's from Starbucks and it's a GREAT on-the-go snack if you don't have the time to prep something at home.  It has hummus, carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, grilled chicken, and a wheat pita.  LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!

No comments:

Post a Comment