Tuesday, February 15, 2011

VALENTINE'S DAY HANGOVER

Oh My Goodness!!!
Woke up today DEFINITELY feeling that hike from yesterday.  My tush is so sore.  It's amazing how I can spend a miserable hour at the gym and barely feel it the next day, but go on an amazingly fun hike and feel the burn right away.  Must find more fun ways to get my workout on!!!

I've been alluding to a new addition in my house....And the UPS man FINALLY brought it today!!!
CANON REBEL T2!!!!

I can't believe that I actually own this puppy!!!  I was feeling a bit guilty about owning such an expensive camera, but I did get it for such a good price.  I was having a bit of buyer's remorse until I starting actually using the camera.
Holy gosh!!!  You can actually see each and every one of her whiskers.  Usually pictures of the black cats just look like a blob with my P&S.

I'm justifying this purchase by promising myself that I will learn as much as humanly possible about DSLR cameras and I will use it all the time.

BREAKFAST:
I don't quite have the heart to say good-bye to Valentine's Day yet, so today's breakfast still had a bit of a heart shaped theme. (DSLR had not arrived yet so this is from my P&S)
STRAWBERRY COFFEE + 236 G STRAWBERRIES +
3 EGG WHITES + 2 TBSP EL PINTO SALSA

LUNCH:
I made Boyfriend lunch with some leftover heart-shaped pasta from dinner yesterday.  It was simple yet tasty.  He devoured it within 2 minutes!  I loved the heart pasta, I only wish it were whole wheat:(
HEART SHAPED PASTA + PESTO + CHICKEN

I put away my Valentine's dish towels, and put out my St. Patty's towels.

Boyfriend is trained to know that these are SHOW towels.  Translation:  Lookie, but not touchie!!!

Cats aren't so easy to train as Boyfriend.  They LOVE to claw at my holiday towels much to my dismay.





DINNER:
This was my first food picture with the DSLR and I am a little disappointed.  It's not my shooting skills, by my presentation that stinks.  Tupperware?  I could have done so much better, however I was in a bit of a rush and I was more concerned with getting the food in my stomach rather then what the plate looked like.

Anyway, I made a Crab Spinach salad and it was yummy.  I used Fresh Gourmet Wonton Strips as a new crunchie topping and they were good, but the serving size was weak.  I had to double it just so I could get a good crisp.  They were on sale for $1 at Vons though so trying them did not break the bank.

















I have been munching on those Peanut Flour Protein balls.  I'm so proud of myself!  I'm averaging about one a day.  I was a bit fearful when I made them they I would sit down and gorge on the whole container.


Well, I'm off!  Things to do, life to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment