Wednesday, February 9, 2011

SANTA MONICA

DAY ONE
Mini Cat was helping me pack.  She kept packing her toys:)  I didn't have the heart to tell her that she wasn't coming:)

The ride was only around 2 hours but without some snacks, I can get really cranky so I packed a few items to keep my mouth and eyes occupied.
COFFEE + SANDWICH + APPLE CINNAMON CRISPS + BERRY DROPS + KOMBUCHA

Tried the new Luna Chocolate Dipped Coconut Bar.  HATED it!!!  I knew I wouldn't like it thought because it sounded like a macaroon and I HATE macaroons.  I took one bit and  couldn't even finish it.  I know a lot of people love it, but I'm not one of them! 

50 GRAMS HONEY ROASTED TURKEY + DIJONNAISE + ENGLISH MUFFIN + PICKLES


We got to Santa Monica with no problem and little traffic!  The first thing I wanted to do was go to Santa Monica pier.  On our way walking over there I found this and HAD to stop in for some fun!
I just picked up some hair accessories because I didn't want to torture Boyfriend with hours of shopping.

After shopping we headed right over to the pier.
I really wanted to go on the rides but they weren't open :(


Boyfriend was really hungry because he didn't bring snacks, so he got a hot dog on the pier.
The hot dog looked amazing but I definitely wanted to save my calories for food with a little more substance.

After the sun went down, we walked along the pier and found a great seafood restaurant on the edge of the pier called The Lobster.   The restaurant was all windows and it overlooked the pier.  The view was perfect. 

I didn't take any pictures of my food because it was a very nice place but it was AMAZING. 

Boyfriend picked out a great bottle of Wine: Viogner: Arger-Martucci
                                                                    Russian River Valley, Sonoma 2007
Appetizer : Japanese Hamachi Sashimi
                   Jalapeno, Lime & Cilantro Salsa with Coleman Farms Cilantro Flowers
Entree: Grilled Australian Barramundi
             Roasted Butternut Squash, Spinach, Crispy Pumpkin Seeds & Aged Balsamic

After dinner we had to get some Gelato of course!
Amaretto + Pistachio

After Gelato, we wandered around a found some live music at a wine bar, had a few drinks, and then called it a night!

DAY TWO

We got up pretty early because we wanted to check out the Getty Museum and still get back to San Diego at a reasonable hour. 
The hotel had a free continental breakfast and I managed to put together some coffee and oatmeal with 1/2 banana.

The Getty was amazing!!!  It consists of 5 different buildings and has a beautiful garden maze.  The Getty overlooks L.A. and you have to ride a tram to the top of a hill where the museum sits.

The Getty is free to enter, and parking is only $15 and SOOO worth it.  There are pieces of art from Degas, Rembrandt, Van Gogh, Cezanne, and many many others.
FAVORITES:
Irises Vincent van Gogh

Anthony Valabregue Paul Cezanne

We wandered around the beautifully manicured gardens for a bit.  It was such a beautiful, perfect day!

GARDENS OF THE GETTY MUSEUM

VIEW OF L.A.

Before we left Santa Monica I was told by a friend that I MUST got to BAY CITIES ITALIAN DELI & BAKERY and get a sandwich called the "GODMOTHER."
Genoa Salami, Mortadella Coppacola, Ham, Prosciutto, Provolone

IT was REALLY good and SOOO BAD for me but what's life without a little treat!

Loved my mini vacation and Boyfriend and I had such a good time, we are already planning our next one...San Francisco perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment