Saturday, February 19, 2011

A LITTLE ON THE SWEET SIDE

Still on-and-off raining today!!  I SHOULD have been using the bad weather as an excuse to get some cleaning done in the house, but instead I decided it was an excuse to try some new recipes!

BREAKFAST:
Did not occur today due to my not being able to pry myself out of my nice, warm bed! 

I did however have a little snack pack of sorts before I went to the gym LATE last night so I guess I can kind of count this as breakfast.  711 has a little pack of 2 hardboiled eggs, 2 saltines, and a little slice of cheddar chesse.  This is becoming a pre-work out must have for me.  Little boost of energy with a HUGE protein punch.  LOVIN IT!

LUNCH:
I found a block of Tofu in my fridge that was in some desperate need of attention!  I REALLY need to buy a tofu press because I'm sick trying to find creative ways to press the water out of my tofu.  Believe me when I say there are now many items in my kitchen, practically chipped, because I tried using their weight to press out my tofu.

But I regress...Anyway I decided to make a stir-fry of sorts with a little pre-made curry sauce, and substituting mung bean sprouts for rice.  I'm lucky that I don't actually like white rice.  I find it to be a tasteless filler and I much rather prefer using other things as a "filler."

I pressed out my tofu and put a little curry powder on it.  I then lightly "fried" it with some coconut cooking spray and then threw the veggies and sauce in the pan and cooked until tender.  I got two servings out of this so now I don't even have to think about lunch tomorrow!
1/2 LIGHT FIRM TOFU + 65 G BROCCOLI + MUNG BEAN SPROUTS + 1 CUP STRAW MUSHROOMS + THAI KITCHEN PANANG CURRY SIMMER SAUCE
DINNER:
I was craving some sushi so I grab Boyfriend and made him go to Whole Foods with me.  He HATES going to the grocery store with me because "I just need to grab 2 things," quickly turns into me grabbing a shopping cart because I can't hold everything that has "caught my eye" on the way through the store.

Anyway, I like Whole Foods sushi because they have rolls with brown rice, and some with rice paper and no rice.  After looking through the sushi selections I realized that I wasn't in the mood for something that filling so I just grabbed one of their prepared Calamari salads.
3 OZ. CALAMARI SALAD + MISO SOUP
SNACK:
Absolutely stunning!!!  Can you say that about dessert?!  I picked up some Cappuccino Mini Meringues at Whole Foods.  I know they are basically just sugar and egg whites but they taste AMAZING and are FAT FREE so I will ignore the fact that I'm basically eating flavored sugar.
6 MINI CAPPUCCINO MERINGUES

Anyway, they are so sweet that I can only eat a few anyway.

That's all for now.  I'm doing a late night gym sesh with my friend Mark that we've been doing about 3-4 days a week.  We are basically just focusing on weights and I can already feel a difference and it's only been about a month and a half.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment