Tuesday, May 17, 2011

BETHY CROCKER

I promised a baking bonanza and a baking bonanza occurred…

IMG_3088Pre-baking…

IMG_3102CARMELIZED CINNAMON SUGAR ROASTED CHICKPEAS

Boyfriend requested blueberry muffins.  I decided to continue my cinnamon theme and created blueberry muffins with a cinnamon topping.  They were AMAZING!!!  Nothing healthy about these puppies.

IMG_3111CINNAMON “CRUSTED” BLUEBERRY MUFFINS

I also came up with a GENIUS cookie, but first I have to dehydrate some cranberries that I had frozen in the fridge from thanksgiving that went unused.  They WILL be put to good use in time.  More to follow…

IMG_3107

In between baking I managed to whip up a killer BREAKFAST!!  I made a pumpkin “breakfast cookie” in the microwave and it rocked my taste buds off.  SOOOO filling!!!  The best part was the “icing” on top.

IMG_31511/2 CUP OATMEAL + EGG WHITE + PUMPKIN + BAKING POWDER + SPLENDA + CINNAMON + VANILLA + RAISINS + PEANUT BUTTER!!!

I made my LUNCH for today yesterday by throwing everything that was about to go bad in my fridge into a plastic container that I bought the lettuce in.  Can’t beat the clean up! 

My new name for these fridge-clearing salads: Everything But the Kitchen Sink Salads!

IMG_3116IMG_3119

 

 

 

 

 

SPRING MIX + AVOCADO + TOMATOES + HONEY HAM + MUSHROOMS + BLACK OLIVES + ANNIE’S LITE HONEY MUSTARD

Good thing breakfast and dinner were HUGE winners, because my DINNER tonight was a big miss!!!  I had this amazing idea of making “spaghetti” with clam sauce and the clams were WAY too fishy!!  I tried to pick around them, but their fishy taste had corrupted the whole sauceSad smile

IMG_3156SPAGHETTI SQUASH + TOMATO SAUCE + CLAMS + MUSHROOMS 

Walkin

 

 

I managed to get a gym sesh in today despite copious amounts of baking and plans later on.  I rocked a fun walking/HITT created by this lady.

 

 

 

Boyfriend and I snuck another date night in tonight.  We met another couple at one of our favorite wine spots, Wine Steals.

IMG_0927IMG_0934-1

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Awesome candle holder at the wine bar!

IMG_0931

I feel in LOVE with this painting that they had hanging on their wall.  I think it’s an original so I there is little chance that I can obtain a copy to hang in the house.

IMG_0941

After a few glasses of wine and tons of wedding talk (my friends are getting married in September), Boyfriend and I went to our favorite San Diego taco joint, Bahia.  I was STARVED having thrown away more then half of my freak nasty dinner.IMG_0947 IMG_0946

 

 

 

 

 

 

I ordered something that I have never had before.  It was really good, but I was expecting something a bit more filling.  If I ever get this again I’ll have to ask them to add some beans to make the burrito a bit fatter!

IMG_3123LOBSTER BURRITO + MOST AMAZING SALSA EVER

At wine steals I bought a bottle of wine that was actually over $10!!!  I never do that.  I’m cheap when it comes to wine because I can’t tell the difference so why waste my money on expensive wine when I can waste it on expensive shoesSmile

IMG_3130LAYER CAKE PRIMITIVO: Inky black fruit, jammy mouthfeel, with tar and espresso.  Italian cousin of Zin!

Calling it a night!  Today was a good day!

XOXO

Beth-signature

No comments:

Post a Comment