Monday, May 2, 2011

TO OB, OR NOT TO OB

This is becoming a bit repetitive: BEAUTIFUL DAY IN SUNNY SAN DIEGO!
Fran-Horton-Ocean-Beach-San-Diego-CA
However, in a welcome change Boyfriend actually accompanied me on my beach visit today!  But first, we had to fuel our bellies for a long day of basking in the sun. 
Boyfriend was craving some burgers for LUNCH so we went to Burger Lounge, which is LITERALLY two blocks from our townhome!!  I love this place because they have a great food philosophy:
(from their website)
Burger Lounge grew out of the idea that a hamburger should not only taste great, it should also utilize healthy ingredients produced in a sustainable environment. We provide a simple premium quality menu that appeals to health conscious diners, vegetarians, salad lovers and diners simply "hankering for a great hamburger".
Our beef comes from one farm, grown by a small company where the animals are well treated and never spend time in a corporate "feed-lot". Their diet consists of tall green grass from beautiful Kansas prairie land. This is what nature intended cows to eat and nothing more. No hormones, no antibiotics, no grain, no corn, just beautiful green grass. These conditions produce a beef that is delicious and far better for you than conventionally grown beef.
IMG_0854
ROMAINE + BABY SPINACH + CUCUMBER + TOMATO + ROASTED CORN + JICAMA + DAIKON SPROUTS + AGED RICOTTA + LEMON-BASIL VINAIGRETTE + QUINOA BURGER
The quinoa aka “veggie” burgers here are OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!  Best ever, hands down!!  They make them in-house and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them!!
Boyfriend got the burger.  I’ve never had them, but he says that they are REALLY good.
IMG_0859
FRESH GRASS-FED BEEF + LOUNGE BUN + CRISP LETTUCE + TOMATO + HOUSE-MADE 1000 ISLAND + GRILLED OINION + WHITE CHEDDAR CHEESE
The beach was beautiful of course, but we did not stay too long because Boyfriend has not spent much time in the sun so far this year and he did not want to crisp up like me.Devil
IMG_2766

The Easter Bunny bought Boyfriend a pizza stone last week.  We were going to use it for tonight’s pizza DINNER, but apparently it has to be soaked and thoroughly dried before the first use.  We also did not have any corn meal which is apparently necessary to prevent sticking.
Instead we just did it the old fashioned way, and plopped the pizza on a foiled baking sheet at 450 degrees until crispy!

TJ’S WHOLE WHEAT CRUST + TJ’S FF PIZZA SAUCE:
IMG_2787
BOYFRIEND’S 1/2: MOZZARELLA CHEESE + CHICKEN + BLACK OLIVES + SPINACH
GIRLFRIEND’S 1/2: DAIYA CHEESE + BANANA PEPPERS + BLACK OLIVES + SPINACH + TURKEY PEPPERONI
This is the first time I’ve had Daiya cheese and I really liked it.  Melts like butter and tasted really good.  I’m really trying to cut dairy out of my life.  Not only due to my lactose intolerance (which should be enough), but because of all the added hormones that are getting pumped into our cows.  I have ENOUGH hormones making me crazy as it is!!
In between the beach and dinner, I stopped by the store and made a little purchase:IMG_2775
I KNOW I said I was going to try to resist the urge, but this is NOT the $200 model I have been lusting over.  This is a $30 Black & Decker Juicer that works marvelously!  The only criticism I have is that I think the more expensive models probably extract more juice from the fruit/veggies then this one.  I still LOVE it though, and do not know how I lived without it!!!
IMG_2779
SPINACH + PINEAPPLE + APPLE + CUCUMBER + GINGER + SPINACH
Boyfriend had the first juice!  He loves my weird food kicks and ALWAYS benefits from it.
I can’t wait to put together yummy combinations!
XOXO
Beth-signature

No comments:

Post a Comment