Monday, May 16, 2011

MONDAY

What a great start to the week!  San Diego teased me with beautiful beach weather a few weeks ago, and then went away! Sad smile  It was sunny and nice, but NOT beach-tan nice.  No matter.  I still had a lovely day with some good eats and company.

Started the day off right with some delish BREAKFAST juice.  This was a new combination for me and I LOVED it@

IMG_3062CARROTS + APPLES + BEETS + LEMONS + SPINACH + GINGER

Because I was running around all day I didn’t have time to stop for LUNCH.  I did grab a new bar and I LOVED it!  This is a ThinkThin bar which I have not liked in the past.  Some of their bars are very dry and ick!  However, I loved the taste, loved the stats, and loved the price of this bar!  I even found a coupon for the bars after-the-fact and will be using it to restock.

barTHINK THIN WHITE CHOCOLATE DIPPED MIXED NUTS CRUNCH BAR

tkp-708614

To night was DATE NIGHT with Boyfriend.  We are both EXTREMELY busy with work, school, our lives etc. but we try to have at least one date night a week.  Sometimes it involves going out.  Sometimes it involves staying in.  So long as we are spending time together, that’s all that matters.

Tonight was a little bit of both.  Staying in for DINNER

IMG_3072HIS & HERS POTATOES…SWEET FOR ME…WHITE FOR HIM

IMG_3073

IMG_3080

 

 

 

 

 

ME: TRADER JOE’S MAHI MAHI BURGER + YAMS

BOYFRIEND: THIN SLICED RIB EYE + ZUCCHINI + POTATOES

IMG_3084

I am totally obsessed with Lambic Frambois (Raspberry Lambic: Profound raspberry color and aroma with a crisp clean, delicate palate and undertones of fruity acidity. Excellent as an aperitif served with fresh fruit or oysters on the half shell; superb with chocolate desserts.)  It’s a raspberry beer from Belgium.  It’s super sweet and is more like a dessert wine but I love it anytime.  I’m a sweet wine girl.  I used to drink Port by the pint!

After dinner, Boyfriend and I went to Lestat’s coffeehouse for come Chai tea and a little Open Mic Night.  We did not perform, but heard some very INTERESTING performances by other people.  I have no room to talk when it comes to singing.  I have a TERRIBLE voice and only sing when I know I’m alone or EXTREMELY intoxicated!

me1

Boyfriend has requested a few baked items, so tomorrow plans on being a baking bonanza.  I also have run out of sweet treats so I will be scouring the internet for some new treats! 

XOXO

Beth-signature

No comments:

Post a Comment