Tuesday, May 3, 2011

MEXICAN FUN

ANOTHER trip to Ocean Beach today, but not to bask in the ray of the sun.  Today was about food (my favorite) and exercise (my not so favorite).

Boyfriend loaded our beach cruisers (CA version of a bike) in the truck, pumped up the tires with some air, and headed to the BEACH!!!IMG_0862

Love the leopard print seat??  I love my bike!!  Before we hit the open road, we had to load up on some eats!

We headed to my favorite Taco Tuesday joint, South Beach Bar & Grill!!IMG_0874

BEERS

IMG_0879

The place was PACKED!!!  But it always is.  Getting a table is like a fight for your life.  People are pretty rough, but one bite of their delicious tacos and you can understand why.  The waitress told us that the kitchen was running at 45 minutes for tacos so we ordered something to hold us over until then.

IMG_0901GUACAMOLE + SALSA + CHIPS

After the “starter” was devoured, the main star arrived…

IMG_0903LOBSTER + OYSTER + CALAMARI STEAK TACOS WITH CORN TORTILLAS

I ALWAYS get the Lobster taco, and I’ve had the Oyster taco several times before.  I know I love them!  The Calamari taco was new to me and I didn’t particularly like it. Sad smile  It was a HUGE slice of calamari and I just wasn’t feeling the texture.  Had it been a smaller piece, I think I would have enjoyed it more.

Boyfriend took our “seafood” night a little literal…SEE-FOOD!

IMG_0907

Sorry ladies…he’s taken! LOL

IMG_0912LOBSTER + OYSTER TACOS WITH FLOUR TORTILLAS

IMG_0915“SKINNY” POMAGRANITE MARGARITA

This margarita was REALLY good and less then 100 calories!!! 

After dinner, we went for a little bike ride near the beach.  It was darker outside then we thought it would be so the bike ride did not last too long.  We rode by a candy shop and I HAD to stop and pick up some dark chocolate treats.  I forgot to take a picture of some of the purchased goods because I got distracted by this!!!!

TASTYCAKES!!!!IMG_0918

Only Philly people can understand my amazement at finding this treasure all the way out here on the West Coast!!!  I’m in love.  I didn’t by any of these baked goods because my mother brought me two boxes when she came recently and I still had one left over.  I’m trying to resist sitting down and eating the whole box!

And the PERFECT end to our night…Boyfriend and I officially booked our vacation for my BIG birthday coming up!!!  We are going to Cancun and staying at the Dreams All-Inclusive Resort.  We are balling and booked the upgraded suite package.  I CANNOT wait!!!  Now all I have to do is get my passport…

drecu18

 

  XOXO

Beth-signature

No comments:

Post a Comment