Friday, May 6, 2011

FRUITS & VEGGIES…OH MY!

I took a few days off from blogging because my food has been sporadic and my life crazy.

Here are two notable meals that I HAD to brag about…

IMG_2802BEANS + TOMATOES + GREEN CHILIS + 2 HARD BOILED EGG WHITES + WHEAT BREAD + I CAN’T BELIEVE IT’S NOT BUTTER

May 5th was Mini Cat’s 1st Birthday!!  I made her a special birthday breakfast.

IMG_2825TUNA FISH

Boyfriend has been sick lately so I’ve been making him power juices to get him better!

IMG_2790PINEAPPLE + ORANGES + LEMONS + GINGER + SPINACHIMG_2795

For BREAKFAST I made a little cereal parfait with some Trader Joe’s Os that I bought when my Mom came to visit.  She has a serious Cheerios obsession.  I’m not a huge fan of them unless I “dress them up” with other things.  The Os are hidden by the millet, but I swear they are there.

IMG_2834TRADER JOE’S O’S + MILLET PUFFS + STRAWBERRIES + SPLENDA WITH FIBER + CINNAMON

I went to Henry’s today because they had VATS of Strawberries on sale for 4 for $5!!!  I froze two pints, and left one in the fridge.  I also picked up a load of other veggies and fruits because they were so reasonably priced.

cucumberCUCUMBERS

pearPEARS

orangeORANGES

appleAPPLES

celeryCELERY

It’s pretty easy to eat healthy in Southern California because produce is so abundant, therefore reasonably priced.  I’m sure 99% of these fruits and veggies are going to end up in the juicer.  I’m really trying to switch over to all organic fruits and veggies as much as possible.  Sometimes the price difference is less then a dollar, so there is no debate.  When it gets to be double the price, that’s when I cannot bear to do it.

This morning I did a little sweat sesh with Jillian followed by an AMAZING protein cake.  All ingredients mixed together and microwaved for 3 minutes.

IMG_2853TWO EGG WHITES + 1/4 CUP PUMPKIN + 1 TBSP PEANUT FLOUR + 1/2 TSP BAKING POWDER + 20 GRAMS ORGANIC RAISINS + 1/2 TSP CINNAMON + 2 TSP SPLENDA WITH FIBER

It didn’t “puff” up as much as I hoped, but none-the-less it was pretty filling and so very tasty!! 

I will be trying to switch to stevia or another zero calorie sweetener as soon as I use up my stockpile of Splenda with fiber.  While I LOVE my Splenda, I am beginning to comprehend how these artificial sweeteners really are not good for the bod.  Slowly I’m making the change from a low calorie packaged food diet, to a more whole foods way of eating.  Baby steps, but at least I’m taking them.  I cannot say that I will ever totally give up my 100 calorie packs of cheese curls, but I will definitely keep those as “treats” and not regular parts of my daily intake.

After a little light cleaning I made a salad beast for dinner.  I threw everything in but the kitchen sink!

IMG_2859SPINACH + BROCOLLI COLESLAW + TUNA + 2 EGG WHITES + CHERRY TOMATOES + CUCUMBERS + CELERY + AVOCADO + HUMMUS DRESSING

I’m going to grab some drinks with a friend tonight.  I’m throwing around the idea of hitting the gym late night.  I feel so good from my workout this morning, that I’m kind of craving a repeat session.  CRAZY!

  XOXO

Beth-signature

No comments:

Post a Comment