Wednesday, May 25, 2011

THAT’S A CROCK

My life lately has been either FEAST or FAMINE.  Both with food and time.  Work has been easy lately with not much to do therefore I’ve had plenty of time to cook and spend with Boyfriend.

Because of all of my extra time, I decided to make a juice for BREAKFAST and use a chunk of my extra time to clean the sucker!  It’s actually not too bad to clean.  I just rinse the parts that come off under hot water.  The b%#*h of cleaning it lies in the screen that separates the pulp from juice.  Small price to pay for the amazingness of fresh juice!

IMG_3159CARROTS + CUCUMBER + PEAR + APPLE + GINGER + ROMAINE + LEMON

LOVE to add a little ginger to my juices.  Look at those layers!!

IMG_3165

I by spinach by the truckload.  I noticed that one of my bags of spin was close to death so I used my bonus time to make some homemade veggie patties for LUNCH.

To give the patties a little bit more pizzazz I topped them with some home tzatziki  sauce.  The sauce was AMAZING!!!  I’m never buying the pre-made stuff again!

IMG_3196VEGGIE BURGER: CHICKPEAS + SPINACH + GARLIC + CUMIN

TZATZIKI SAUCE: FAGE FF GREEK YOGURT + CUCUMBER + LEMON JUICE + DILL + GARLIC

I also used my free time to try another new recipe.  Did you know that you can make amazingly fabulous and easy lasagna in a crock pot?!?!  For DINNER I made Boyfriend and I a crock pot lasagna with turkey meat sauce.  I was going to add some spinach and mushrooms, but only remembered this just as I was finishing the last layer.

IMG_3201

IMG_3212

This is so easy to make!  I just sautéed up some extra lean turkey with some red wine and garlic.  I then added a canned of tomato sauce and crushed tomatoes to the mix.

Once I had my sauce, I used the sauce as the bottom layer for the crock.  Next, I layered uncooked lasagna noodles, part skim-ricotta cheese, and part skim-mozzarella repeating the layers until the sauce ran out.

IMG_3228

I let the crock pot “crock” on high for 4 hours.  After I turned the crock off I put one more layer of mozzarella cheese on top, put the lid back on, and let it sit for 15 minutes.  Just before serving I sprinkled some fresh basil from my window plant for the perfect finishing touch!

IMG_3229

The noodles turned out a bit more cooked then I would have preferred, but other than that the meal was DELISH!  Boyfriend gave it 6 stars (out of 5), and devoured the leftovers the next 2 days.

We weren’t really in the mood to have a crazy-go-out night so we rented a movie, got some B&J’s, popped a bottle of wine, and consumed all in our big comfy bed.  Perfect date night in my book!

IMG_20110525_232300

benandjerrys

 

Half Baked Fro-Yo (1/2 Chocolate Fudge Brownie & 1/2 Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough) is my go-to B&J’s flavor.  It’s the best of both worlds.  

 

 

 

the american

 

 

This movie was AWFUL!!  Long and boring!  Nuff’ said…

 

 

 

  XOXOBeth-signature

No comments:

Post a Comment