Tuesday, May 24, 2011

TAKE ME OUT TO THE BALL GAME…

Today was SOOOOO much fun!!! 

Taco Tuesday and a Padres game with my two favorite boys!!!

San_diego_padres_logo

Mark called me this morning and wanted me to tag along with him to a Padres game.  I asked Boyfriend to come along expecting him to say “no” but to my surprise he wanted to go.  I think he feels like a 3rd wheel sometimes when Mark and I hang out. 

Mark is my SGBF (straight/gay best friend).

For our Taco Tuesday celebration I dragged the boys down to La Puerta.

la puerta

We “pre-gamed” with some $2 Tecate beers.

IMG_0967TECATE

We ordered an app because they were 1/2 off for HH!

IMG_0973CHIPS, SALSA, & GUACAMOLE

I used tonight as an opportunity to try my first TJ Dawg.”  I’ve seen TJ Dogs on a few menus around town, but I’ve never been in the mood to try one.  La Puerta’s menu described the TJ Dawg as: Bacon Wrapped Turkey Hot Dogs-Diced Tomatoes-Grilled Onions-Jalapeños-Ketchup-Mayo.

IMG_0968TJ DAWG

Verdict: Pretty darn good!  I love that this is a turkey dog.  All of the other places I’ve seen this used pork dogs.  Trying to be a bit good when eating something wrapped in bacon!

I also order 2 “street tacos” to accompany my dawg.  Street Tacos are basically just mini-tacos.

IMG_0971PASTOR (MARINATED PORK + PINEAPPLE + AVOCADO CREAM + CILANTRO + ONION) + RANCHERO SHRIMP (TOMATO + ONION + GREEN CHILE + LETTUCE + SOUR CREAM)

We ended our meal with a little Mexican “dessert”!

IMG_0976CAZADORES BLANCO TEQUILA + LIME + SALT

The ball park was just a few blocks from the restaurant, but before we went to the game we had one more stop to make…

BUB'S!  My favorite new bar.

bub's

IMG_0983

Boyfriend and Mark knew a few people who worked at Bub’s so we ended up getting quite a few complementary shots sent over to our table.  I was feeling pretty good!

Afterwards we headed to the game.  We didn’t buy tickets this time but instead bought “park passes” that allow you to sit on the lawn outside the ball park but within the gates.  They are actually pretty good seats!!

IMG_0997

IMG_0988

 

IMG_0991

PADRES lost yet again.

But before we called it a night, a quick stop at one of my favorite “dive bars” in San Diego!

nunus

XOXOBeth-signature

No comments:

Post a Comment