Saturday, May 7, 2011

SATURDAY

Mornin’!

So I didn’t actually have the energy to go to the gym after drinks last night, but I did wake up this morning with arms like jelly so I know I did something right during yesterday’s workout!

For BREAKFAST I had to reach deep into the depths of my cabinet to pull out this old friend:

IMG_2916COFFEE PRESS TRAVEL MUG

No, my Keurig is NOT broken thank goodness!!  However, a few weeks back I bought some coffee at TJ’s that does not filter well through the Keurig’s reusable filter.  I tried grinding the coffee extra fine, but that did nothing.  I really loved the STRONG flavor of my coffee that comes from pressing it.

To accompany my coffee, I toasted up some waffles for BREAKFAST.  These were the last of some frozen waffles I bought like 6 months ago.  I ALWAYS buy things and then forget about them.  Workin’ on it…

IMG_2872SWEET POTATOE WAFFLES + SLICED STRAWBERRIES

Today was NOT a beautiful San Diego day so I spent my day inside baking instead of basking in the glow of the sun.  I made cupcakes for two of my friends’ birthdays.  I decided I wanted to be a bit creative and I layered a chocolate and vanilla cake mix to created what I called a “Black & Tan” cup cake.  In between layers I put a mini peanut butter cup.  They were pretty sweet so completely icing them would have made them too sweet so I opted for a dollop of cream cheese frosting instead!

IMG_2897BLACK & TAN CUPCAKES

Everyone said they were AMAZING!!  I know they weren’t just being nice because I tried them too and I thought they were AMAZING!! LOL

I’m trying to make Boyfriend eat a little healthier.  He’s one of those guys who will realized at 5pm that he has not eaten all day!!  How do people do that?!?  As so as I wake up I’m pondering what yummy things I can shove in my face!

So to force Boyfriend to eat healthy (and NOT just PB&J sandwiches) I’ve been “hiding” veggies in his food.

IMG_2888WHOLE WHEAT PASTA + CHICKEN + ZUCCHINI + TOMATO SAUCE + MOZZARELLA CHEESE

He LOVED it!!  I was so excited.  He actually said he LIKE the zucchini in the pasta.  If I had the time, I could fatten Boyfriend up in 2 weeks!!

For DINNER, I used some of the leftover chicken from Boyfriend’s pasta to put together a healthy treat for me!

IMG_2889LA TORTILLA WHOLE WHEAT WRAP + SPINACH + CHICKEN + FRANK’S HOT SAUCE + LIGHTHOUSE LITE BLUE CHEESE DRESSING + CHERRY TOMATOES + ZUCCHINI

I did manage to make it to the gym for some VERY quick cardio but it was VERY half-a$$.  Something is better then nothing.  I did rock another pumpkin protein muffin.  This one was still quite flat.  I think I need to use more peanut flour.

IMG_28811/4 CUP PUMPKIN + 2 EGG WHITES + 1 TBSP PEANUT FLOUR + CINNAMON + 1/2 TSP BAKING SODA + 2 TSP SPLENDA WITH FIBER

I’m OUT!

XOXO

Beth-signature

No comments:

Post a Comment