Sunday, May 15, 2011

SUNDAY-NOT-BRUNCH

I had to break my Sunday Brunch Buffet tradition today because I had some things to do and couldn’t do them nursing a mimosa buzz/hangover.

So instead I met some friends so a simple breakfast at one of my favorite breakfast spots, Crest Café.

I usually get the Hangover Omelet (Jalepeños, avocado, spicy chicken sausage and jack cheese, topped with chimichurri sauce) which is AMAZING!  I opted instead to get something a bit different that I’ve had before when picking off of friends plates! Winking smile

breakfastARTICHOKE & HAM STRATA

(from the menu) Freshly baked casserole of artichokes, ham, gorgonzola, Monterey jack, sourdough bread and unique blend of herbs. Served with fresh fruit.

This was soooooo good!!!  Words can not do it justice!  The serving of fruit was HUGE!!  I attacked that first and by the time I finished the fruit I was STUFFED.  I only got a few bites into the strata and decided to save the rest for a late LUNCH.  I will be thinking of this breakfast in my dreams.

No further pictures today.  Things to do!  I kind of like to take Sundays off. 

  XOXOBeth-signature

No comments:

Post a Comment