Saturday, June 11, 2011

CLEAN EATS

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again…

I LOVE LIVING IN CALIFORINA!!!

Not only is the weather amazing, but produce is so cheap!!  In an effort to eat a bit more “clean” I’ve really been raiding the produce at all of the local grocery stores.  Summer time is BLUEBERRY time, and I’ve been taking full advantage of the $1 6oz. packages of berries at Henry’s!

For BREAKFAST I mixed together a cereal combo that I scarfed down in record time.

IMG_4116TRADER JOE’S TRADER O’S + BEECHNUT 5 GRAIN CEREAL + BLUEBERRIES + ALMOND MILK + BLUEBERRIES + SPLENDA + CINNAMON

5220000879

 

Yes, the Beechnut 5 Grain cereal is baby cereal!  It was on sale for $1 and the nutritional stats are perfect!  It really helps to “bulk” up my breakfast, so that I feel full longer.  I trust baby food WAY MORE then I trust food made for the rest of us because companies seem to take extra care when producing foods for the little ones.

 

Today was a cardio day, so I threw together a quick SNACK before I did my treadmill HIIT.

IMG_4120RICE CAKE + HUMMUS + APPLE + CINNAMON

I’ve been obsessed with this work out for a while now, but I know it’s about time that I take it to the next level.  Common sense tells me that the more my body becomes accustomed to this work out, the less it’s going to have an impact on my fitness Sad smile

IMG_20110611_163726

IMG_4137

My gym is right next to a Bed, Bath, & Beyond store so I made a pit stop there to pick up some clips for my duvet cover to prevent shifting.  I saw these Luna bars there and HAD to get them.  With my $5 off coupon, I was able to get these (retail $10) and the duvet clips ($5) for around $10!!  Such a good shopper!!

 

 

I really enjoy Luna Bars, but sometimes I have no place in my daily intake for a 200+ calorie snack.  These are perfect because they clock in at only 80 calories!!  WARNING: When they say “mini,” they mean MINI!!

I didn’t mind though.  They were still a great POST WORKOUT treat.

IMG_20110611_164548

My pit stop and Henry’s on the way home from the gym also led me to find another awesome new discovery…

PRETZEL BREAD!!!!

I couldn’t WAIT to try it out for DINNER!  They are freshly baked at Henry’s, so they labeled the bag as as around 260 calories per roll so I’m going to try my darnest to NOT eat the whole roll in one sitting, and instead opt for half.

IMG_4122TORTILLA SOUP STOCK + 1/2 CUP TRADER JOE’S CORN KERNELS + 1/2 PRETZEL BREAD WITH MUSTARD

Well, that’s it for today.  I have to wake up early tomorrow for some Sunday-Funday Brunch time con mi amigo!

XOXOBeth-signature

No comments:

Post a Comment