Thursday, June 9, 2011

JUST ANOTHER DAY

I did not get to sleep last night until VERY late.  I think I was overtired however, I still forced myself to wake up at a reasonable time.  Surprisingly enough, I  wasn’t really that sore from yesterday’s work-out.

For BREAKFAST I had some cereal!!  I cannot remember the last time I had this combination.  Of course, it was still tasty and filling!

IMG_3996TRADER JOE’S TRADER O’S + PUFFED MILLET + ALMOND MILK + SPLENDA + BLUEBERRIES

Yesterday I noticed that I had two very ripe bananas in my fruit basket so rather then freeze them (which I do for my smoothies), I cut them up (or should I say I directed Boyfriend to chop them up) and put them in the dehydrator.  By mid-day today, they were done!

IMG_4005BANANA CHIPS

I snacked on these as well as a PEACH and some COCOA ALMONDS while running some errands today.

 

IMG_4011

 

Found this awesome seasoning for popcorn at Target.  It has zero calories,  unlike some of the other flavorings, so it could be a nice little addition to some other foods as well. 

Who doesn’t love “Buffalo Style”???

 

 

 

Next stop was Marshall’s for who knows what.  I never go there for anything specific, but just to see what they have.  The rotating stock always surprises me with new things!  I picked up some Cold Stone Jelly Bellies for Boyfriend.  He LOVES this flavor…so do I!Winking smile  Also picked up a super cute ice cream dish ($3!!) for my protein fro-yo.  I did get one more item, but more on that later…

IMG_4041

My last stop today was at the gym too sneak in a little HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) on the elliptical.  The elliptical used to be my favorite, but now I much rather run.  I find the elliptical boring now.

minute #

resistance
0-1 6
1-2 6
2-3 8
3-4 10
4-5 12
5-6 14
6-7 8
7-8 10
8-9 12
9-10 14
10-11 8
11-12 10
12-13 12
13-14 14
14-15 8
15-16 10
16-17 12
17-18 14
18-19 8
19-20 6

IMG_20110609_172545

After the gym I ran home to make yet another PIZZA BURRITO for LUNCH.  Unfortunately, this is the end of my pizza burritos for awhile because I used the last of my turkey pepperoni and I’m on a grocery store strike until my packed cabinets are emptied a bit.

IMG_4021LA TORTILLA FACTORY TORTILLAS + HUNT’S TOMATO SAUCE + DAIYA MOZZ. CHEESE + 2 EGG WHITES + 9 SLICES TURKEY PEPPERONI + BASIL + ROSEMARY + OREGANO + S&P + GARLIC POWDER

Boyfriend was out for the night so I had to find something to do to keep me occupied…

IMG_4048

 

Poured some wine…

 

 

 

 

and got my bake on!

IMG_4053

I finally got the chance to attempt one of the HUNDREDS of recipes that I have had bookmarked on my Internet Explorer.  I made Super-Charge Me! Cookies from eat, drink, & be vegan.  I made a few modification: coconut oil instead of canola, and 1/3 agave instead of maple syrup.  I also turned them into “balls” rather then cookies.

IMG_4063SUPER CHARGE ME! COOKIES

VERDICT: They were fab!  Even Boyfriend though they were good!!  Will definitely have to make more and freeze them for quick, healthy “treats”.

IMG_4074

While the cookies were a’bakin, I brought out the doughnut maker and whipped up a quick batch.  I wanted to make blueberry doughnuts but the recipes with the makers used jelly and all I had was Boysenberry jelly.  So BOYSENBERRY DONUTS it was!! 

They baked in like 6 minutes and the maker was a cinch to clean!  I was being lazy and didn’t make a glaze for them because I DESTROYED the kitchen.

One day soon I will have a DONUT BAKING FEST and I will do it up right!  Bad, sugar filled donuts for Boyfriend, healthy lavender filled donuts for me!!

 

Once the baking was complete, I made myself a little veggie tray with a new dip creation totally from my own noggin.  I basically opened my fridge and cabinets and threw together whatever was left into the Vitamix.  Then I threw the pureed mess into a casserole dish and into the oven for 20 min. at 350 degrees.

IMG_4083CAN OF ARTICHOKE HEARTS + ROASTED RED PEPPER + SPINACH + 0% FAGE GREEK YOGURT + FF CREAM CHEESE + 2 TBSP PARMESAN CHEESE + GARLIC POWDER + WORCESTERSHIRE + S&P + CARROTS & CUCUMBERS (FOR DIPPIN)

It turned out pretty good considered the fact that there was barely any cheese in it, and none of the mayo-goodness that I put in my usual dips.  Boyfriend gave it the thumbs up because he quickly devoured half of the dip that I had left over.

It’s about that time now…nite!

  XOXOBeth-signature

No comments:

Post a Comment