Thursday, June 23, 2011

HOME COOKING

I wasn’t tracking my food today so I hadn’t intended on posting today until the cooking bug bit me at dinner time and I created a few masterpieces!!!

I was at the grocery store and was inspired by some shrimp that was on sale!!

To celebrate my AMAZING dinner I did something that I NEVER do…spend more then $5 on a bottle of wine!!!  I bought Red Velvet Cupcake wine and it was DEVINE!!!  Of course, I pick wine based on the name and label! 

IMG_4300

So I made my first attempt at SHRIMP ENCHILADAS…two ways!!!

(1) THE “BOYFRIEND” WAY

IMG_4301

Full fat cheese!

(2) THE “GIRLFRIEND” WAY

IMG_4302

In an effort to reduce my cheese intake, I made my enchiladas with Almond Jalapeno Jack Style Cheese and I LOVED it.  Melted, I couldn’t even tell it wasn’t real cheese.  For a bigger protein punch, I added some FF refried beans to the enchilada mix. 

And for DESSERT

IMG_4292OATMEAL + STRAWBERRIES + BLUEBERRIES + BLACKBERRIES

 

For being the first time I tried making Shrimp Enchiladas, I think they turned out pretty well.  The only thing I’m going to do next time is maybe layer the tortillas like a lasagna instead of rolling them.  They kind of fell apart but they still tasted mighty fine!!

XOXOBeth-signature

No comments:

Post a Comment