Sunday, June 5, 2011

PICTURES OF YOU

AMAZING AMAZING DAY!!

A few weeks ago I signed up for a photography class at  The Right Light Photography.  I’ve had my DSLR camera for a few months now and was still on AUTO mode Sad smile  I thought I’d teach myself via the instruction manual but it was very dry and not a “learning” manual but more of a this-button-is-here type manual.

So this morning at 9am I had my “Learning Composition and Mastering Your Camera”.  But first, I needed some fuel.  Cue the BREAKFAST EGG PIZZA!!

IMG_36873 EGG WHITES + ROSEMARY + TOMATO SAUCE + DAIYA MOZZ CHEESE + MUSHROOMS + TURKEY PEPPERONI

This was incredible!!  Can’t go wrong with pizza for breakfast.  And I’m really loving the non-dairy cheese.  Only wish it was a bit cheaper.  $6 a bag of cheese is kind of pricey.

So on to the class….

Within the first 1/2 hour I felt like my money had been well spent!!  The instructor was amazing.  His explanations were so easy to understand and his teaching was very engaging.  We did some “hands-on” exercises to ensure that we could apply what he was telling us.

IMG_3710AWESOME INSTRUCTORIMG_3729IMG_3701

 

 

PHOTOGRAPHY STUDIO

IMG_3751PHOTO EXERCISE: LOOK MOM, NO ARMS!!

IMG_3776PHOTO EXERCISE

LUNCH break!!  No time for real food…

IMG_3784                              CLIFF MOJO PEANUT BUTTER PRETZEL BAR

IMG_3781IMG_3756

 

IMG_3816

IMG_3862

IMG_3872

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this class.  I learned all about composition (taking great pictures) and how to use this expensive, complicated camera (ISO, white balance, aperture).  They have a class about taking pictures at night and I am DEFINITELY going!!!  If you have a DSLR camera you MUST take this class.  AUTO mode is a thing of the past for me.

My stomach was GROWLING after class so for DINNER I whipped up a delish soup.  I started with a plain stock base that I bought on sale the other day and then threw in everything-but-the-kitchen sink!

IMG_3694TORTILLA SOUP STOCK + BLACK BEANS + CORN + AVOCADO + REDUCED FAT MEXICAN CHEESE + TORTILLA STRIPS

Exhausted!!  But soooooo worth it.  Now all I have to do is practice, practice, practice!!

  XOXO

Beth-signature

No comments:

Post a Comment