Thursday, June 2, 2011

TODAY IS A NEW DAY

Second day into the month and I’m starting anew!!

I wanted to try something new this month to help with stress and clearing my head.  I’ve always been skeptical about meditating.  I have a hard time sitting still for 5 seconds let alone 15 minutes.  However, I’ve been reading a lot of books about cleaning eating/living and they all brag about the benefits of meditation.  Since I’m not completely close-minded, I thought I’d give it a try!

IMG_3626WATER FOUNTAIN + 5 MINUTE HOUR GLASS + 2 LAVENDER SCENTED CANDLES + VANILLA INCENSE + INCENSE BURNER + WHITE SCARF + WOODEN BENCH

This is my new meditation altar.  In the center is a running fountain that I’m going to have a hard time keeping Mini Cat out of.

I “meditated” for 5 minutes today.  It wasn’t easy, and I had a very difficult time keeping a still mind.  Practice, practice, practice!  I’m sure it will get easier with time…I hope!

After meditating, I made some fresh juice to start the day.

IMG_3586PINEAPPLE + ORANGE + GINGER + KALE

I think every single juice I’ve made thus far has been amazing!  This one included.

While I was drinking my fresh juice, I put together a quick BREAKFAST.  Loving some “oatmeal cereal.”  I just mix everything together, and let it sit on the counter for 5 minutes.

IMG_3608OATMEAL + FROZEN BLUEBERRIES + ALMOND MILK + SPLENDA WITH FIBER + PEANUT FLOUR

I was going to go to the gym today, but my back is still pretty sore from camping.  It’s either from sleeping on the ground or hovering over the campfire for such an extended amount of time.  Instead, I did a massive cleaning of the animals cages which took me hours!!! Sad smile

For LUNCH I made a quick salad to get rid of the rest of my spinach.

IMG_3611CRAB + SPINACH + TOMATO + ZUCCHINI + AVOCADO + ANNIE’S GINGERLY DRESSING 

The rest of the night I had such bad stomach pains!  I don’t know if it was from the crab or maybe just my lady parts acting up, but I didn’t feel much like eating anything else.  Instead, I just had a cup of CHAI TEA + ALMOND MILK + SPLENDA WITH FIBER.

I’m sure I’ll feel better tomorrow morning!  At least I hope so…

XOXOBeth-signature

No comments:

Post a Comment