Wednesday, June 8, 2011

WORK IT OUT WEDNESDAY

It’s a MIRACLE!!

IMG_20110608_153812

I got my newly-not-sore back to the gym and did a little HIIT to get back into the swing of things.  I have to say that it felt so good and I’m guaranteed to be sore tomorrow, which is a good thingSmile

After the gym I made a HUGH bowl of protein fro-yo.  It was so big that I couldn’t finish it all and had to pop it in the freezer for later.

IMG_3978CHOCOLATE COCONUT PROTEIN POWDER + ALMOND MILK + SPLENDA + ICE + GUAR GUM + XANTHAN GUM

IMG_3981

 

I bought a new supplement today that I’ve been eyeing awhile.

FROM THE WEBSITE: CLA (conjugated linoleic acid) is derived from safflower oil. Human studies indicate that CLA may play a role in reducing body fat and increasing muscle retention. Tonalin CLA is a patented formula created and clinically proven to reduce body fat, increase muscle retention, help keep fat off and prevent fat regain.

Time will tell if it’s worth it. 

 

Even though I couldn’t finish all of the “ice cream,” I had to makes something of substance for lunch.  I was going to make another little breakfast burrito like yesterday, but a light bulb turned on in my head.  Thus was created…the PIZZA BURRITO.

IMG_3982LA TORTILLA FACTORY TORTILLA + 2 EGG WHITES + 1/4 CUP TOMATO SAUCE + 10 TURKEY PEPPERONIS + 1/4 CUP DAIYA MOZZ. CHEESE + BASIL

After the gym I was EXHAUSTED!!!  Boyfriend wanted to go to a car show but I wanted to stay in bed and take a nap.  When I told him I didn’t want to go he seemed so sad, so I got my booty out of bed and played the good girlfriend. 

Sometimes you gotta do what you don’t want to do for your man.  I know he’s not always thrilled when I drag him on my various excursions.

IMG_1024IMG_1026IMG_1028IMG_1031

The cars were very nice and Boyfriend seemed to love looking at all the old cars with their shinny engines and stuff.  (Can you tell that I have absolutely NO interest in cars?)

After the car show, we were planning on going to the Drive-In, but I was STARVED!!!  We had walked by an Italian restaurant while checking out the cars and I was drooling so we decided to nix the movies and eat at MANGIA BENE.IMG_1048

IMG_1036IMG_1039

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was a lovely night so we sat outside.  Started off with some bread and a glass of Cab! (Notice the old car behind Boyfriend’s head?)  The bread was rosemary seasoned and gooey inside.  SOOOO GOOOD!

My meal included access to a salad bar, and I gladly partook.  I loaded my plate with veggies and such.  The plan was to load up on salad so I wouldn’t eat all of my meal.  This way I’d have some leftovers for later when I knew my hunger would strike again.

IMG_1042SPRING MIX + TOMATOES + CUCUMBER + TORTELLINI + PASTA + PICKLED CAULIFLOWER & CARROTS

And then came the entrĂ©e which I did only eat half of.  The pasta was yum of course and I liked the “pink” sauce.  The chicken however could have had a bit more taste, but it was still good.

IMG_1050STUFFED CHICKEN : Chicken breast stuffed with spinach, artichoke, gorgonzola & provolone cheese, drizzled with pink sauce. Served with a side of multi-grain penne .

IMG_1053

 

I brought back an old obsession tonight.  I LOVE PORT!  I used to drink it a lot as my go-to-choice of alcoholic beverage and then I stopped drinking it because it has WAY too much sugar in it.  Well I was craving it tonight so Boyfriend and I stopped by the store on our way home to stock up.

You may not be able to tell from the picture, but this bottle is a liter and it only cost $9.  Love the cheap drinks!

 

Since we decided not to go to the movies, Boyfriend and I hit Redbox and rented I LOVE YOUpm PHILLIP MORRIS.  I was prepared for a crappy movie since we have have no luck with movies lately, but I was pleasantly surprised.  The movie was a bit weird, and I’m DEFINITELY not used to seeing Jim Carrey in this type of role, but it was really funny and quite…unique.

Absolutely recommend this movie, so long as you have an “open” mind!

 

 

 

FYI: The protein fro-yo made a surprise reappearance later on in the evening.  This time it had a little something-something extra on it this time!

IMG_1059  SUGAR FREE CHOCOLATE SYRUP + SUGAR FREE STRAWBERRY JAM + FAT FREE REDI WHIP + CHERRY + RAINBOW SPRINKLES

Well, I think I’m going to call it a night!  I’m anxious to see how my legs feel tomorrow morning.

  XOXOBeth-signature

Boyfriend said something hilarious about my LULULEMON bag today and I just thought I’d share:

When referring to all of the “inspirational” quotes written on the reusable bags: “I don’t know whether to try to save the world or give up on life!”

No comments:

Post a Comment