Tuesday, March 29, 2011

BRINGING BACK TACO TUESDAY


Breath Right Strips are my new favorites!!  I discovered these hiding in my cabinet last night while looking for some cold medicine to knock me out. 

These things kept my nasal passages completely open.  No waking up to a sore throat because I had to breathe out of my mouth all night!!!!  I HEART BREATH RIGHT STRIPS!

After getting a full night's rest, I woke up famished for BREAKFAST this morning.  My blueberries needed some love and my Vita needed a break.

 
15 GRAMS CINNAMON CRUNCH CEREAL + 30 GRAMS MILLET PUFFS (FILLER) + 70 GRAMS BLUEBERRIES + 2 TSP SPLENDA WITH FIBER + 1 CUP ALMOND MILK

After breakfast I somehow found myself back in bed.  I'm sick and tired so if my body wants to rest, then I'm not going to argue.

I did manage to pull myself out of bed around noon to give myself a Vitamin C boost for LUNCH.

1 CUP ALMOND MILK + 200 G ORANGE + 1/2 TSP VANILLA EXTRACT + 2 TSP SPLENDA WITH FIBER + 1/2 MEDIUM BANANA + 4 ICE CUBES

I've been thinking about this recipe now for a few days.  I made these all the time for my mother and I when I was younger.  I used to use frozen orange juice concentrate, but I wanted to see if it would work with fresh oranges.  And by golly, I think it did!!  The only reason I say "think" is that I still have impaired taste buds, so I could be wrong! LOL

Around 5pm I woke from my slumber and forced myself to get out of bed.  I was hungry, and over sleeping for 15 hours.  I decided to drag Boyfriend out the celebrate yet another Taco Tuesday in San Diego!!!  (it's my FAVORITE holiday)
We decided to go to Ponce's Mexican Restaurant, which is literally 2 blocks from our townhouse. 
 BEST DATE A GIRL COULD HAVE

 SANGRIA + CHIPS + AMAZINGLY GOOD SALSA

COMBINATION PLATE: CHICKEN TOSTADA & CHILE RELLENO

DINNER was good but I have to say that I think the food at our old Taco Shop is WAY better.  We are very snobby when it comes to our Mexican food in San Diego.

And our course, no date night would be complete without a stop at Fiji Yogurt for some WoW Cow fro-yo!
2 OZ. PEANUT BUTTER FRO YO + WAFFLE CONE CRUMBLES + PINCH JIMMIES

Boyfriend and I are going to watch some old episodes of GLEE (He loves that show!!) and then we are going to call it a night.  I have TONS to do tomorrow to make up for being in bed all day.

NIGHT!
XOXO
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment