Wednesday, March 16, 2011

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU OATMEAL...MAKE COOKIES

I must apologize ahead of time.  The pictures are few and incomplete due to a late, but justified late start to my day today.

I forgot to mention that I made a bomb a$$ chili in the crock pot yesterday.  I did the basics--RED KIDNEY BEANS + BLACK BEANS + TOMATO SOUP + DICED TOMATOES WITH CHILIES + CUMIN + CHILI POWDER, but then added a twist.  I wanted some protein, but was afraid to use tofu due to my recent disasters.  Instead I threw in some frozen Trader Joe's Meatless Meatballs and the Chili turned out AMAZING!!!! 

Must find many other uses for these balls of awesomeness!

So no BREAKFAST for me today.  Too busy.  However, on my way out I grabbed my camera for a second when I saw what Boyfriend was making.
3 EGGS + BANANA + YOGURT

So proud of Boyfriend!!!  He HATES breakfast.  In fact, he HATES EATING!!!  FREAK! LOL Anyway he usually doesn't eat til around 5 at night but I've been on his case recently about it. 

I was the bad one today!

In between errands I stopped at Whole Foods and ravaged the hot foods bar.  I remembered that Wednesday is $2 off so I thought I'd "do it up."

TOFU CHILI + ROASTED VEGGIES + COLLARD GREENS + GARLIC + CAULIFLOWER & SPINACH "MASHED POTATOES"

I think I got too much of similar foods and I got bored really fast with my meal.  I also wasn't feeling so hot later on :(


I also grabbed an APPLE + PINEAPPLE + SPINACH + GINGER juice.  YUMMY!!!  Must do more juices.  I might look into a juicer...

I finally got around to finishing my baking project from the other day.  They didn't turn out quite as perfect as I had imaged but this was the first time I was working with melted chocolate.

CUPCAKE LOLLIPOPS!!!
The little dots are green if you can't tell.  These are my St. Patty's Day treats!!

While the "pop" were hardening I threw a batch of Oatmeal cookies in the oven for Boyfriend.  In an effort to get them all done in one shot I tried sneaking all the cookies onto one sheet.  Didn't turn out too terrible.  I managed to pull them apart before they totally cooled.  Boyfriend will love them no matter what!
Today was an amazingly beautiful day!!  This was taken from right outside of my townhouse.

 I HEART SAN DIEGO!!!

XOXO

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment