Thursday, March 24, 2011

CILANTRO OVERLOAD


SHOCKER!!!
BREAKFAST GREEN MONSTER!!
TERA'S DARK CHOCOLATE WHEY POWDER + HANDFULL OF SPINACH + ALMOND MILK + FROZEN CHERRIES

At least I'm not repeating the ingredients. I have to find out which combination is best!

I had a picture of my LUNCH salad, but not only did I accidently erase the picture, but I also accidently dropped the salad on my stairs:( I was very sad because that salad contained the last of my cherry tomatoes. Around 1/3 of the salad didn't fall and I ate it in about .2 sec. with 1/2 of a Luna Protein bar that I had forgotten about in my fridge.

So my new Vitamix came with a huge binder full of recipes to make in my new toy.  I immediately fell in love with the Avocado Tortilla Soup and I knew I had to try it!


2 CUPS CHICKEN BROTH + 5 ROMA TOMATOES +1/3 BUNCH CILANTRO, STEMMED + 1 GARLIC CLOVE + 1 TSP BLACK PEPPER + 1 TSP SALT + 1/2 AVOCADO + 1/2 LIME + 1/2 CUP BLACK BEANS + 1/2 CUP CORN + TORTILLA STRIPS

Verdict: I think something was up with the recipe.  1/3 a bunch of cilantro...stems and all??  I knew that seemed like a lot of cilantro when I read the recipe.  But against my better judgement, I went with it.  And you know what?  WAY TOO MUCH CILANTRO!

It was edible but not YUMMY.  I will have to try this recipe again SANS the 1/3 bunch of cilantro.

Picked up more vitamins at Target today.  Boyfriend was saying how he feels a "tickle" in his throat,and I am determined not to get sick again.  I felt like I was going to die last time I was sick and it lasted for like a month!

I also went on a baking fest tonight.  I didn't want my Kitchenaid to feel abandoned now that I bought the Vitamix home.  I made Angel food cake cupcakes for me, and homemade peanut butter cookies for Boyfriend.

XOXO
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment