Tuesday, March 22, 2011

LOVELY DAY

1st HOMEMADE GREEN MONSTER!!
I totally knew that this would be my breakfast today when I went to sleep last night.  I can't keep my hands off of this machine!

1 CUP ALMOND MILK + 1/2 FROZEN BANANA + STRAWBERRIES + 2 CUPS SPINACH

Lunch was "on-the-run" so I munched on some Mrs. May's Pear Fruit Chips and the new Chocolate Mint Lara Bar that I picked up at Whole Foods today.  Love the pear, hate the bar!!  How on earth could I hate something "Chocolate Mint"??!!  I'm in shock.  But I found it to be gross and nothing that I will probably ever eat again.  So disappointed...

Until I got a call from Boyfriend for an impromptu DATE NIGHT!!

DATE NIGHT PACIFIC BEACH, CA
For DINNER we decided to eat at the restaurant in the hotel, Tower 23.  The restaurant is called JRDN and I've only had cocktails and light sushi there previously.

It was kind of swanky, but we were dressed up and haven't had a real date since Santa Monica so we decided to "do it up style."  We were seated right next to the window so we looked straight out onto the beach.


First, we ordered cocktails!
Boyfriend ordered a GIN COOLER (Hendrick's Gin, Cucumber, Mint) I got the BLUEBERRY MOJITO.  Both were REALLY good but I liked his a bit more.

We decided on the Artisian Cheese Plate to start.  It was a selection of 5 cheeses and for the life of me I can't remember one, but they were all FANTASTIC.  I LOVE cheese...but it does not love me :(
5 VARIOUS CHEESES + HONEYCOMB + CANDIED WALNUTS + DATES + FIG COMPOTE + DRIED GRAPES + TOASTS

And then the sun started to set...
HEAVEN! 

Second cocktail for me (I let Boyfriend try it!)
CHILI MANGO MARGARITA: CHILI INFUSED TRADICIONAL SILVER TEQUILA, MANGO, HOUSE MIX

For our entrees:
SEARED SCALLOPS: RISOTTO, BABY ROOT VEGETABLE, CITRUS-MISO BROTH

PACIFIC SEA BASS: ARTICHOKE CHOWDER, ANDOUILLE SAUSAGE, PEE WEE POTATOE

The entrees were good.  A little bit too salty and buttery compared to what we were expecting.  I'd defiantly be interested in trying another entree on their menu in the future.  Something a little "cleaner."

I didn't finish all of my meal because I had to save room for DESSERT!!!  I don't remember what it was called but I think it was a trio of banana.  Banana ice cream, caramelized bananas, and a banana cake.  It was just what I wanted...sweet...but not too sweet!!
CARMEL BANANA THINGY

When we came home we watched The Fighter.  While Christian Bale was really good in it, I don't see what all the fuss was about.  I thought the movie was kind of boring and I was waiting for something more to happen at the end.  Kind of disappointing I think.
Later on BF started to crave something sweet.  I decided to make him a fresh milk shake in the Vita!!  I made myself a "baby" shake too!  Couldn't let him eat alone.
2 CUPS LIGHT ICE CREAM + 5 HUGE STRAWBERRIES + 1/2 ALMOND MILK + FF REDI WHIP + SPRINKLES + CHERRY

WOW!!  Two "Date Nights" in a row!  I'm getting spoiled. 

Boyfriend and I already decided that next week's date night has to be at the beach again.  I think we may head over to La Jolla and check out the eats over there!  Can't wait!

Nite!
XOXO
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment