Friday, March 4, 2011

RECIPE FAIL

MINI CAT FOR PRESIDENT
I love this picture!  I was playing around with the new camera and went down to the floor to get a picture from the ground up.  This totally looks like a campaign poster.















BREAKFAST today was an oldie, but a goodie.  I made some overnight oats last night and devoured them this morning.  How is something so easy to make, so tasty and good for you!!!  Even Boyfriend has been eating overnight oats quite a bit lately.

I tried a new combination to spice things up a bit and it was 5 stars!!
COFFEE + 3 SPLENDA WITH FIBER + 1/2 CUP OATS + 1 TSP DRIED BLUEBERRIES + 1 TSP PEANUT BUTTER & CO. DARK CHOCOLATE DREAMS

I was feeling a I was so disappointed with what could have been an amazing LUNCH, that I don't even want to blog about it.  However, I will to warn you of a possible colossal disaster.

I found these at Whole Foods the other day and I got excited.  I don't love tofu "noodles," but they will do because I just can't justify having a little serving of pasta when I can have a whole bowl of tofu "noodles."  I'm going for volume here over taste.
Anyway, I thought I'd combine this "fettuccine" with a recipe from Hungry Girl that I've been meaning to try.  She has an Alfredo substitute that I've seen her promoting on all the shows.  The idea that I could have a low-fat, low-cal FETTUCCINE ALFREDO made me giddy...until I tasted it.
YUCK!  It wasn't as amazing as I built it up in my head.  The fettuccine was okay...the sauce was bland and not very "saucy."  I did eat the whole thing because I don't like wasting food, however this is not a recipe that is getting bookmarked!

Not only was the Fettuccine Alfredo not very good, but I found myself hungry again not too much later.  I met up with some friends for DINNER at an awesome restaurant in downtown San Diego called Rock Bottom.  I love the place mainly because I know the bartenders, but they also have a tasty ahi appetizer that is nice and light but yummy!
Sorry for the terrible picture...from the phone.
Seared Ahi (description from website)
Sashimi-grade Ahi tuna seared rare and served with citrus-soy dipping sauce, edamame slaw, pickled ginger and wasabi.


Minor shopping trip led to this purchase...
LBD!

And this little holiday decorative item!

I'm off to go clean the kitchen.  I think I spend my whole life in the kitchen.  I cook in it, and then I clean it.  By the time I'm done cleaning, it's time to cook another meal again.  This vicious cycle never stops!!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment