Monday, March 28, 2011

MATT & MEAT


UGH!!!  The inevitable happened...I got SICK!!!  Despite my best efforts, I woke up today congested and weak.  I did have one reason to get out of bed though...

OATS IN A JAR!!!
1 TBSP PEANUT BUTTER & CO. CINNAMON RAISIN SWIRL + 1/2 CUP ALMOND MILK + 10 GRAMS RAISINS + 1/4 CUP PUMPKIN

Amazing!!!  Even though my taste buds are somewhat impaired due to illness, I could still appreciate a good OIAJ!!!

Despite my illness I still had a few errands to run, one being a trip to the grocery store to buy some "Jewish penicillin" for LUNCH.
MATZO BALL SOUP + WESTERN BAGEL ALTERNATIVE WHOLE WHEAT PITA + 2 TBSP HUMMUS

Cleared me up right away!  Soup is the best when you are sick, or it's raining. 

I totally forgot that I made a date with one of my bestest guy buds tonight.  I was going to cancel but I seem to always cancel on him and I haven't seen him in forever! 

We went to Quality Social downtown.  I love this place!  They are known for their meats, which they make in house.  We ordered a selection of cheeses and meats that were very yum.
MEATS: SOPPRESATTA, CHORIZO, COPPA, POTTED RILLETTE
CHEESES: MT. TAM, POINT REYES ORIGINAL BLUE, GOAT GOUDA, SAN JOAQUIN GOLD

Despite not being 100%, I'm happy I didn't cancel on dinner.  Good eats and great friends overcome a stuff nose.

XOXO
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment